Retailer Offering $12,000 Wii Bundle

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Retailer Offering $12,000 Wii Bundle

A Japanese retailer is putting the ultimate Wii bundle up for sale to celebrate the new year.

As part of a New Year's tradition, Japanese retailer Enterking has assembled a Wii bundle that will knock your socks and Wii Remote safety strap right off. Anyone that wants to own every single Wii game ever released (in Japan) will have the opportunity to purchase them all at once from the chain in early 2011.

Japanese retailers apparently put together mystery grab bags of unsold goods called "fukubukuro" at the end of every year, allowing customers to gamble on their purchases. Enterking is doing away with the mystery and just going big, putting together a bundle that includes a Nintendo Wii and its entire Japanese library of 408 games.

Some of the games are used, but does it really matter? The Enterking Wii bundle will cost ¥1,000,000, just a hair under $12,000 at today's currency conversion rates, but you can't just walk up to your local Enterking and plunk down the cash. Those interested in the bundle can enter for a chance to be able to purchase it between January 1-3. The "lucky" winner gets to be $12,000 poorer and one gigantic Wii bundle richer.

I'm still trying to figure out if the bundle is actually desirable or not. Out of the 408 games, how many of those are actually good? If Japan's Wii selection is anything like North America's, around 150 probably involve darts or bowling, another 100 are about doing push-ups, and 100 more are likely virtual pet sims. That only leaves 58 games like Wii Sports Resort [http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSA388/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291134642&sr=8-2], and they certainly aren't worth $12,000. Enterking says the bundle has a retail value of ¥2,300,000, about $27,500, but I'm not sure the savings are worth all the sorting that'll have to be done.

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2010/11/30/ultimate-wii-bundle-includes-every-japanese-game-for-1000000-yen/]

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
hey The wii has A lot of great games. And keep in mind japan does not have the same selection of games that the usa does.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I think the best part is it's called "fukubukuro" which sounds really dirty.
it almost sounds like "fuck you, buckaroo".

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Wow I can have a pile of shit for $12,000? Fantastic
Or even a lot of door stops. My doors were swinging open quite a lot

[sub][sub]I hate the Wii[/sub][/sub]

Please keep us an update on these whoever has enough disposable income for this

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
Someone do the math and find out if its worth it. Assuming the average wii game is $40.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Japan actually has a lot more good games that never got localized, and a lot of shitty shovelware was never brought to Japan. No "Imagine" games, no Barbie games, etc. This could be decent. If nothing else, completionists would love it, though they may be turned off by the fact that the games are by and large preowned.

P.S. Thanks

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Too bad some of those games will require different peripherals in-order to play the game. >.>

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
If Japan's Wii selection is anything like North America's...
It's not. They don't have all the Imagine, and all that stuff. I mean sure, some of it will be replaced by stuff of their own, but it's probably a much higher value than it is here in the States.
mad825 said:
Too bad some of those games will require different peripherals in-order to play the game. >.>
That would be my highest concern.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Well, if you're an obsessive fan or a wealthy Nintendo completist collector, then it may well be worth it.

...then again, if you're an obsessive fan or a wealthy Nintendo completist collector you probably already have a Wii and most of the game library, so who is this for?

ParadiseOnceLost

Jan 26, 2010
Douk said:
Someone do the math and find out if its worth it. Assuming the average wii game is $40.
I got $16,520 when I did the math tiny bit south of the $27,500 the dude estimated, but it is still a pretty good bargain of $4520. I would never buy it but I guess there would be some collectors value in owning all those games. Wait until the Wii becomes obsolete and maybe they will increase in value.

TerribleAssassin

Apr 11, 2010
Douk said:
+ your average Wii with one Controller.

Well, whoever wins it best have some spare time on their hands...

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
Holy shit what. This is overkill, who is going to play all of that shovelware? I feel sorry for the winner already!
The breaker deal

1) Are you rich?
2) Do you have small children?
3) Does it come with "No More Heroes" and "Red Steel 2" for you?

EDIT: wait japan games? CRAP! "No More Heroes" was censored in japan!

Merlark

Dec 18, 2003
well you know there are those guys out there with like, every NES game ever made, or every atari game in their library and so on and so forth. I guess if you want to get a jump on the wii system and put that bad boy on a shelf to show off with your other system library you can show off how hard core you are.

Who knows, ten years from now the next "angry video game nerd" persona will be looking at his wall of horrible wii games to entertain us with by reviewing them, thanks to collections like this.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
The Rockerfly said:

Considering that it's someone willing to pay $12,000 for a load of crap (with some possible good things) it's probably a Michael Bay fan.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
WOPR said:
The Rockerfly said:

Considering that it's someone willing to pay $12,000 for a load of crap (with some possible good things) it's probably a Michael Bay fan.
Also they like Twilight and only ever buy sports games and COD games too

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
The Rockerfly said:
WOPR said:
The Rockerfly said:

Also they like Twilight and only ever buy sports games and COD games too
And Justine Beiber/Lady Gaga "music"
...and the Xbox version of TF2
and I want to say "Reach" but that's not fair- not their fault they find an "okay" game and treat it like god instead of knowing better (looks back at PainKiller and Slave Zero)

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
WOPR said:
And Justine Beiber/Lady Gaga "music"
...and the Xbox version of TF2
and I want to say "Reach" but that's not fair- not their fault they find an "okay" game and treat it like god instead of knowing better (looks back at PainKiller and Slave Zero)
Yeah they also like Kei$ha and think that evolution is a lie

Man I hate those people

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Hopefully it's at least the console, four Wiimotes, four nunchucks, a classic controller, the whole Guitar Hero or Rock Band set, and the balance board to be thrown in. And that doesn't seem too bad a price for 400 games. Although, quality will be an issue...and, if they're a Game-stop like store, you could always sell some of them back...