Retro Game Music you would like to see get an orchestral remix

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I would love to hear the Tie Fighter score redone with a full orchestra, particularly the part near the end.

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
Just about every Legend of Zelda soundtrack. In particular, Link's Awakening. More specific, The Ballad of the Wind Fish and Tal Tal Heights.

Gargoyle's Quest II. If you've never heard of it, I'm not surprised, I rather stumbled over this absolute diamond by accident. It's incredibly challenging, looks pretty damn good, and the music. Is. Awesome.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Mafoobula said:
Just about every Legend of Zelda soundtrack. In particular, Link's Awakening. More specific, The Ballad of the Wind Fish and Tal Tal Heights.

Gargoyle's Quest II. If you've never heard of it, I'm not surprised, I rather stumbled over this absolute diamond by accident. It's incredibly challenging, looks pretty damn good, and the music. Is. Awesome.
omg gargoyles quest! I got the first one on gameboy

THIS track in particular really resonates

I mean for somthing in 8-bit its sooo....I dont know

now THIS is awsome enough on its own, I dont think it needs an orchastral remix...but just a HD "update"

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
Go and check out ocremix.org - it's packed full of remixes from games. There's some seriously talented musicians on there, who've done some exquisite things with tracks, including full orchestrations. In fact, I've got a playlist of music from there that I listen to while I'm working, it's great. :)

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
LittleBlondeGoth said:
Go and check out ocremix.org - it's packed full of remixes from games. There's some seriously talented musicians on there, who've done some exquisite things with tracks, including full orchestrations. In fact, I've got a playlist of music from there that I listen to while I'm working, it's great. :)
Thank you for the website, it is amazing!!!

thatgeekbronnie

Sep 13, 2011
The Video Game music I love that actually got kind of big is the Resident Evil music from the first games! Have you heard the orchestral versions of the albums?! Amazing.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
To be honest all of the games I own from before 2000 have soundtracks that fit the game perfectly and orchestral music just wouldn't sound right.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I always think the orchestral soundtrack always sounds worse than the original.

Look at the Phoenix Wright games, most of tracks in those games have orchestra versions.

They slow it down too much and throw too many random extra bits in there, they're good in their own way but i prefer the originals.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I wouldn't want an orchestral remix but I would love a hard rock version of the fireshark soundtrack.

Also please spoiler your clips to keep it neat and compacted. If you don't know {spoiler} {/spoiler} with [ ] instead.