Return to Morrowind With New Skyrim: Dragonborn Screenshots

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
So it's back to Bloodmoon? Cool I suppose, I like the idea of seeing a high-def version of Morrowind-like areas. Also finally, dragon riding :)

rickthetrick

Jun 19, 2009
I for one am stoked to see a dragon fighting a bull netch.

weirdguy said:
darth nader said:
Soooo.....will there be cliff racers??
well, st jiub did kill them all, according to the legends

but as we all know that kind of thing is never permanent in tamriel
Omg the Racerborn just imagine that for a sec eh?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Radoh said:
SupahGamuh said:
The title is a bit misleading, isn't it?, it's not exactly Morrowind, but near Morrowind.

Other than that, the DLC sounds like lots of fun, I'll definitely be checking it out.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but is Solstheim not within the Vvardenfell district, therefore in Morrowind?
And besides, it's pretty much the closest thing you can get to Vvardenfell before you get to wake up and smell the ashes.
Yes, at least in third era Solstheim was independent island
But a lot has changed, so maybe it is Morrowind now (expecially knowing that it would be most obvious choice for refugees from northern Vvardenfell)

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
My money. Take it. Take it all. I don't care that I'm broke, I will find a way to pay for this DLC. So much Morrowind-ness and Dunmer love! I'm SO EXCITED!

surg3n

May 16, 2011
I never really played Morrowind, I plan to install it on my laptop and play it slowly on that - but I still think this is very cool - it's good to see the fans getting what they want for once, what they deserve. We don't need hats or panda's, we need games with real depth and a sense of culture to them, real games for real gamers :).

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
Other than the stupid dragon mounts this DLC looks absolutely amazing. also, we're going to Apocrypha? Holy shit!

The Azura fanboy in me wants to see Moonshadow though.
At any rate I should play Skyrim again and finish the main quest line and Dawnguard. So I can get ready for this.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!!

My wallet, body and PC and so ready.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Why is it that i think that they made the best game first Morrowind (1st one I played, ive not played the previous 2) and the less interesting ones later. If they made Oblivion, Skyrim and then Morrowind then it would be ever increasing in awesome. It seems that the choice they made in slowing becoming less interesting. Skyrim i have no interesting in playing again. Oblivion and Morrowind I played a few times, hell i replayed Morrowind after I finished Skyrim.

Just remake Morrowind with better graphics and better frightening controls, a modded edition for the 360 i guess you could say.

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
Radoh said:
I'm going back to Morrowind?
I'm going back to Solstheim?
I'm going home?

[HEADING=1]I'M GOING BACK TO SOLSTHEIM!!! I'M GOING HOME!!![/HEADING]

And here I thought I was done with Skyrim and that I was set to completely ignore the DLC that came with it, but then I get told I'm going home and that's just too much to ignore.
Indeed. The janitor had to be called to prise my eyeballs from the screen with a spatula.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Xan Krieger said:
SupahGamuh said:
The title is a bit misleading, isn't it?, it's not exactly Morrowind, but near Morrowind.

Other than that, the DLC sounds like lots of fun, I'll definitely be checking it out.
I was surprised to see those big crab shells normally found in Redoran owned areas in Solstheim. Thought those only existed on the main island, especially as it seems it'd be a pain to move.
Well it seems that after the Red Mountain crisis, Skyrim gave Solstheim to the Dunmer as a refuge point. So it looks as though the island is now one big refugee camp. So it makes sense that they'd now try and make it feel at least a little bit like home.

The thing I'm loving is the fact that people are now wearing clothing more suitable for subzero temperatures! No more bandits running around in the snow in just a bikini! Huzzah!

SonOfVoorhees said:
Why is it that i think that they made the best game first Morrowind (1st one I played, ive not played the previous 2) and the less interesting ones later. If they made Oblivion, Skyrim and then Morrowind then it would be ever increasing in awesome. It seems that the choice they made in slowing becoming less interesting. Skyrim i have no interesting in playing again. Oblivion and Morrowind I played a few times, hell i replayed Morrowind after I finished Skyrim.

Just remake Morrowind with better graphics and better frightening controls, a modded edition for the 360 i guess you could say.
I think it has something to do with the environments. Morrowind is an extremely alien place with creatures we'd never really seen in a game before.
Then with Oblivion and Skyrim we're presented with places which are pretty normal for a fantasy setting. Trolls and Giants and Goblins and Dragons are hardly anything new *yawn*. Silt Striders...now that's where it's at.

I'm hoping that the next game will be down south in places like Black Marsh. Then we'd be able to see some really freaky and imaginative stuff.

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
lovest harding said:
Personally, I think it may be an Ascended Sleeper from Morrowind. Which leads me to believe the main quest of the DLC may have something to do with the last remnants of Dagoth Ur. Of course, that's a big conclusion (that I've pulled out of nowhere), but it looks like an Ascended Sleeper without a robe.

Ninja'd....by about 6 days >.>

But yeah, Ascended Sleeper is immediately what I thought of too.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Mortons4ck said:
lovest harding said:
Personally, I think it may be an Ascended Sleeper from Morrowind. Which leads me to believe the main quest of the DLC may have something to do with the last remnants of Dagoth Ur. Of course, that's a big conclusion (that I've pulled out of nowhere), but it looks like an Ascended Sleeper without a robe.

Bethesda announced what it was called a while back. It's a Seeker (they didn't say much of anything about what it was beyond the name).
So my assumption was wrong. xD

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
lovest harding said:
Mortons4ck said:
lovest harding said:

Bethesda announced what it was called a while back. It's a Seeker (they didn't say much of anything about what it was beyond the name).
Damn, I was kinda hoping it was about fighting the last remnants of Dagoth Ur.

Oh well. Back under the rock I go.

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Mortons4ck said:
lovest harding said:
Mortons4ck said:
lovest harding said:

Damn, I was kinda hoping it was about fighting the last remnants of Dagoth Ur.

Oh well. Back under the rock I go.
I was disappointed too. I really loved the idea of not only going back to the area around there, but seeing some nice throwbacks to the Morrowind story too. xD