Review: 007 Blood Stone

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Zero_ctrl said:
So is this as good as Everything or Nothing?
Because that was the best Third-Person Bond game I know.
.... Isn't Everything of Nothing the only Third-Person Bond game?

Boom!

Nightfire still the best Bond game. Everything or nothing was good though, especially the robotic spiders! Hehehee

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
So while MGM is in financial limbo EON decides not to sit on their hands and instead helps deliver more Bond fun with our current faves Daniel Craig and Judi Dench. Makes me wonder if games might turn into Plan B for more production companies if the big studio says no for whatever reason.
Eat it, Ebert!

I am so getting this.

[sub]After I get Civ 5.[/sub]

BaronTheB

Nov 15, 2010
First of: THE WHOLE GAME TAKES ONLY 4 HOURS TO COMPLETE (On the hardest setting)!

Well, that's a surprise. Usually I agree with those guys here.. But this is a blatant lie and makes me wonder if he have even tried the game.

Its controls are bugged, the aiming ludicrous and every driving stages suffers from a horribly broken physics engine.. So yea sure if one choices to ignore every lack of realism they might find this a good looking game... If one then also ignores every aspect of a story making sense, they might like the plot as well. (But, even though they do their best for a plot twist and other form of James Bond like story, it suffers from a severe flaw: The countless of times where Bond (or rather Craig, since that what it feels like playing.. not 007)) could have stopped the whole plot with ease.

Your bullets frequently goes trough solid objects without leaving a mark or sometimes give a sound. The game is littered with cut-scenes that removes any feeling of control and due to the complete lack of gadgets (besides the obviously advertising "smartphone" which can do just about anything.. even hack security codes from 30 meters distance and blow up cameras!). So other then that phone, which Daniel Craig is so very fond of talking in, even while walking in the midst of enemy territory or after having just killed a bunch of guys and then walking around a corner. But hey, isn't that what Bond always does when on any form of mission.. bring his mobile phone? No, damn its not! He might bring it while undercover, but not when getting ready for some action, since he needs the communication and the acceptability.

Also the game guides you trough every possible climbing or what could have been a decent riddle / jumping puzzle and flat out tells you what to do (trough the mobile of course). One can't jump, can't role, can't duck (unless behind cover) and can't use any melee besides the take-down move (which is always a certain one kill, so no task in that).

And yea, the game is also easy as fuck, even one the hardest setting available from the start (with the only hard part being the driving stages and that is only due to the broken physic engine that makes your car bounce like a rubber ball when hitting just the slightest solid surface (sometimes making you appear to be in a flipper machine, when in a narrow corridor).. while on the other hand every moving object (even trucks twice your car's size) will get pushed or even thrown of the road when you hit them).

Oh and yea.. civilians are a no go.. they all have a impenetrable force field around them and you can't kill them, even when firing into their heads at point blank range.. talk about "great graphic and realism".

Btw: No grenades either, even though the opponents use them frequently.

So expect a mediocre shooting game and not a James Bond game.. else you'll feel very much like you wasted your money.

Oh and lets repeat the last and most important thing:

THE WHOLE GAME TAKES ONLY 4 HOURS TO COMPLETE!

A note: I played the PC version. <- Notice

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
So, Everything or Nothing was a good game?
Will have to look that up then.
And after that I'll pick this up when the price on this one drops.

BarontheB:
You made an account for this?

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
I laughed at those jokes. You know the way you laugh at someone when you feel sorry for them and/or are embarrassed for them. I laughed like that.

BaronTheB

Nov 15, 2010
Vortigar said:
BarontheB:
You made an account for this?
Yea.. I had an older account, but apparently that belonged to an old email.. so heck. Anyway this game was basically so bad that it made me review it.. and to spread the word :p

But sure, its good if one wants something to spent 4 hours with and have the money to pay for it. And since there is a somewhat decent (but not more) multi-player, one might get some more action out of that. But still way to expensive compared to what one could get for the money.

Btw: Found yet another review with one who have the same opinion as me:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.243896-James-Bond-007-Blood-Stone-PC-Playstation-3-and-Xbox-360-Video-Review#8950185

Also, I still don't get why the heck the official review can be so wrong about this game, but fact is.. they are. He make it sound so much better then it is (unless your a very small child that like to look at cut-scenes one can't control) and kill enemies with ease.

darmey

Sep 10, 2008
So the reviewer is basically saying that this very average game relies heavily on the fact it has "James Bond" written on the game case?