Review: Army of Two: The 40th Day

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Just a quick question before I trudge off to work. The preview image that comes up in the video... is that the official box art?

Because I've got to say, the guy in the foreground is doing a terrific job considering that THERE'S NO MAGAZINE LOADED IN HIS WEAPON.

Redratson

Jun 23, 2009
My friend and I enjoyed the first game so we hoped to pick this one up and have fun once again.

s_glasgow99

Jan 8, 2010
This review brews some very interesting plot ideas in making co-op gameplay with fully developed characters. What if you could play an action game where the leads involved eachother in a romantic relationship? Gay or not? Imagine a co-op shooter version of Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Bad Movie, great idea! I Co-Op / Vs. game that you buy in two versions. Mr, or Mrs. You then progress through the story in same fashion of the film, but for most of the game against each other... first issue arises... what if one player wins over the other in the first mission... still a new idea is hard to find in the FPS shooter world...

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
Ryuk2 said:
What i like about Army of Two is that enemies die from shots. That's about it really, but i really like how you shot something and it stays down.
Except when they don't, because enemies can crawl around, fire whilst downed, grab and drag each other to safety, and heal each other up the same way you can in Army of Tutu.

loudmouth

Jul 17, 2009
snowfox said:
Resident evil 5, a game where the second player is a female.. People hated the cow.

Army of 2, a game that has 2 male characters in their co-op storyline... People automatically assume they're gay!

There's just no pleasing anyone is there..

I'd laugh if the developers just threw their hands up in the air and shipped the next co-op game with transvestites...
Hay i'd buy it.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
loudmouth said:
snowfox said:
Resident evil 5, a game where the second player is a female.. People hated the cow.

Army of 2, a game that has 2 male characters in their co-op storyline... People automatically assume they're gay!

There's just no pleasing anyone is there..

I'd laugh if the developers just threw their hands up in the air and shipped the next co-op game with transvestites...
Hay i'd buy it.
Rofl! I was waiting for some one to say that!

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Did anyone else sing to themselves "737 coming out of the sky" in the beggining? Not my favorite band, but it was still funny.

GreeBo

Jun 29, 2004
I've got Army of Two and AOT 40th Day. The first one was actually better. It had a plot. The only thing that sucked was the customization is a pain in the butt to get through.. very slow with lots of loading screens.

I only play Coop with a buddy.. even coop on the second one feels lamer. I can't tell you the number of times i've gone to "save" my buddy and the game either vaults me over the box we were hiding behind OR it forces me to grab & drag him putting me in the line of fire. Either way i'm dead. Lame lame LAME. The first one didn't do that.

I give it a 6/10.