Review: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
Review: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

Banjo-Kazooie: Now with 50-percent more vehicles and 25-percent less fun.

Read Full Article
 

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
4,148
0
0
I liked this review. I think my brother might like this game, so thanks for the recommendation. :)

Also, the Burj Dubai is bloody huge.

 

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
...until someone bombs it to the ground, anyway.

Anyone wanna put a wager on how long it'lll last?
 

incal11

New member
Oct 24, 2008
517
0
0
The vehicle building part looks straight out of Kingdom hearts;
not a big deal , it was the best part of all KH , and they improved on it.

It's really too bad they didn't stay more faithfull to what the previous games were; looks like they got carried away with the vehicle part.
 

super_smash_jesus

New member
Dec 11, 2007
1,072
0
0
The game is fun as far as the demo went, but did they ever get around to fixing the insanely small text for those of us too poor to buy a big screen HD TV? If not, then I say fuck it and fuck rare for leaving me out.
 

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
incal11 said:
The vehicle building part looks straight out of Kingdom hearts;
not a big deal , it was the best part of all KH , and they improved on it.

It's really too bad they didn't stay more faithfull to what the previous games were; looks like they got carried away with the vehicle part.
Plus, Banjo now looks like he has a dick made of hair sticking out his forehead.

He's some sort of dildocorn bear...thing.
 

Alone Disciple

New member
Jun 10, 2008
434
0
0
super_smash_jesus said:
The game is fun as far as the demo went, but did they ever get around to fixing the insanely small text for those of us too poor to buy a big screen HD TV? If not, then I say fuck it and fuck rare for leaving me out.
They announced a patch approx a week back stating it will be fixed. Not sure if patch is live yet, but they did do a 180 on their previous stance.
 

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
anyone else feel like the vehicle customization is basically the gummy-ship customization in the first Kingdom Hearts, except with Physics and Mass added.

It's similar but not the same is what I'm saying.
 

Littaly

New member
Jun 26, 2008
1,810
0
0
super_smash_jesus said:
The game is fun as far as the demo went, but did they ever get around to fixing the insanely small text for those of us too poor to buy a big screen HD TV? If not, then I say fuck it and fuck rare for leaving me out.
This is pretty much what I feel too, I wub Rare, I basically grew up with their games, but I need a bloody magnifying glass to read that text :-/

Anyway, so the gameplay is faulty, but how long is the game? Is it comparable to previous Rare titles?
 

Dommyboy

New member
Jul 20, 2008
2,439
0
0
Haha, great ending in the ending. Great job on the review too, good to see some reviews from you. It was one of the best and you captured my opinion on the game perfectly.
 

Ace of Spades

New member
Jul 12, 2008
3,303
0
0
Good review. I liked the first two banjo kazooie games back when I was an eight-year-old playing on my brand new N64, and I still like them now. This one doesn't count.
 

Asparagus Brown

New member
Sep 1, 2008
85
0
0
It seems to be a case of "what you put in is what you get out" with the gameplay. I've read a few reviews here and there and played the demo, and it seems that people have had very different experiences with it. A lot of opinion, however, seems to be swayed by the gamer's thoughts on the old N64 games.

It'd be interesting to find out whether the game would be received differently had Rare instead made a new franchise using the same mechanics and charm, rather than Banjo Kazooie.
 

lumenadducere

New member
May 19, 2008
593
0
0
Good review. It's pretty much what I was expecting - the charm and character enjoyment of the first two but without the gameplay. As much as I enjoyed the other games I think I'll have to pass this one up.
 

Doug

New member
Apr 23, 2008
5,205
0
0
Aptspire said:
Half-Life 2 rip-off D:
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................???

Care to explain what on Earth your on about?
 

Aptspire

New member
Mar 13, 2008
2,064
0
0
Doug said:
Aptspire said:
Half-Life 2 rip-off D:
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................???

Care to explain what on Earth your on about?
well, to me, any gun/tool that can pick up/throw objects while defying gravity, is just a copy of the Gravity Gun, which can be found in Half-Life 2 : /
 

Doug

New member
Apr 23, 2008
5,205
0
0
Aptspire said:
Doug said:
Aptspire said:
Half-Life 2 rip-off D:
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................???

Care to explain what on Earth your on about?
well, to me, any gun/tool that can pick up/throw objects while defying gravity, is just a copy of the Gravity Gun, which can be found in Half-Life 2 : /
I see...hmmm. Its not really anything like Half-Life 2. HL2 == First person FPS with strong story telling thoughout. B&K: N&B == Third person vehicle-platformer with simple but effective plot.