Review: Battlefield 1943

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
Is there any news on when the PC version will come out? Or if they are even doing a PC version?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
I have no problem flying. I have a problem attacking targets on the ground.
So doing bombing runs? I have some trouble with that (only made 5 kills that way) just don't go down so steep, pull-up earlier, drop before you think you should, and use the "chase cam" to check if the bomb hit.
That's my recipe for success.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Sporadic chaos said:
Wow looks awesome with the updated graphics, though I'll wait for the PC version.
Also in Air Superiority, do you automatically start off in the air or do you spawn on a aicraftcarier?
You start in a carrier.

Also, Great review, And Fantastic game. You shouldve mentioned its great sound effects as well...Also, I reviewed it first, so HA. xD

Travdelosmuertos

Apr 16, 2009
I think criticizing it for being too close to Bad Company is being a bit unfair. While it runs off the same engine, its simplicity makes it so much easier to balance. It also showcases the new destruction physics that have been added. And, finally, we can fly planes again. I really do think this is a way to give original Battlefield fans a nod while also stress testing their new engine.

Also, think of the price of a three map add-on nowadays. It's 10 dollars. For 15, you get almost a completely different four-map game. Yes, it's a little lacking in features but it's 15 dollars. Seriously, who can complain about that?

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
and I still haven't figured out why some enemy soldiers are tagged with a red arrow and others are not.
I have a suspicion that the arrow appears when a teammate sights an enemy, or fires upon them. However I still find it curious that afaik the game doesn't even bother to explain this to you.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
I get confused with who is my team and who is the other because the light on my Tv is crap and I don't want to stand up and play the game, I will get used to it I guess.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
I bought it the day I got back from Germany, as a welcome back gift. Best gift I've gotten in a long while.

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
oh and another thing: are people that desperate for kills that they will land on the other carrier and basically camp? come on.

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
Did anyone else get a 'pirates of the carribean feel' from the music. Anyways this might stem the thirst of the summer gaming drought, good review

cavsfan69

Jul 8, 2009
I like the game but I can't figure out the air raids. Like when they;re available or how to call them. Overall well worth the 15 bucks.

RageGummy

Jul 28, 2009
Iv hit 5 hours of game play, passed all achievement's and the game still pulls me in. Its even took me off Halo 3 for a week, DLC maybe for some extra maps and I would be happy all round with this purchase.

Tiny116

The Cheerful Pessimist
May 6, 2009
cavsfan69 said:
I like the game but I can't figure out the air raids. Like when they're available or how to call them. Overall well worth the 15 bucks.
I was stumped by air raids for the first day of play too;
To call it you have to enter the bunker with a radar mast on top (I know its probably called something else but meh)
To use it (at least on x-box) use the third person view to direct the rough path of flight then once thats sorted press up on the D pad and it will give you a pretty cool targetting view use the crosshairs and wipe out loadsa people.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I will be getting this WHEN it comes out for PC - currently my XBox has been broken for month - should really get that fixed sometime.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
Mrsnugglesworth said:
I can't believe you use the 3rd person view of the plane. First person for the win.
There is both 1st and 3rd person view for all vehicles, including planes.

Backup Bruv

Nov 6, 2008
this game is epic. especially for 1200 microsoft points. it just shows that even thought they industry is chugging out these pointless and overhyped games, every so often it does churn out a little nugget fo goodness that brings a genuine smile to my face everytime I snipe another player from 1000metres away with a WW2 era sniper rifle, lol, how accurate is the world of video gaming today. EPIC GAME

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
KenzS said:
Mrsnugglesworth said:
I can't believe you use the 3rd person view of the plane. First person for the win.
There is both 1st and 3rd person view for all vehicles, including planes.
I know, I just feel that 3rd person makes the vehicles (Besides car) feel incredibly slow. Especially the plane.