Review: BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
hellheart said:
Does anyone know if this game is on any other console besides the 360?
It was released for the PS3 as well.

Arisato-kun said:
Got this game a few days after it came out. I gotta say, I think it's the best fighter on the 360. Learning combos is hell though. I currently main with Noel and v-13 (yes, I've been called cheap for it) but I'm gonna try Bang since he just oozes awesome.
I will also call you cheap for using V-13, if only because it's so blatantly obvious that she's a cheap character the moment you play her. ;) You are redeemed by your desire to learn the awesome of Bang however.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
hellheart said:
Both PS3 and 360. :)

Edit: D'oh! Ninja'd. *shakes fist*
Your reflexes better be faster than your posting skills or I'm going to take you to task in a BlazBlue match Funk!

Edit: Not really. I'm just running my mouth for the sake of trash-talking (trash-typing?)

hellheart

Jun 24, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
hellheart said:

Rats, hoping it would be on Wii or DS or soemthing... Oh well, thanks for replying anyway guys

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
RollForInitiative said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
hellheart said:

Your reflexes better be faster than your posting skills or I'm going to take you to task in a BlazBlue match Funk!

Edit: Not really. I'm just running my mouth for the sake of trash-talking (trash-typing?)
Hey now. I came in second in the Staff SF4 Throwdown! Bring it, man. Bring it.

RollForInitiative

Mar 10, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Hey now. I came in second in the Staff SF4 Throwdown! Bring it, man. Bring it.
Second place is the first loser, right? Hey, if I'm going to get destroyed I'm going to make sure it's with good reason! ;)

Besides, didn't I already add my C.Y.A. statement to my above post already?

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
Hey, guys? It's Soul Calibur. Cali.B.U.R. Not Calibar, or Caliber. Or Calibre. Calibur.

That said, this game looks pretty decent.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Well I do like fighting games... but not anime. Well there are some anime I DO like although they're more cyber and steampunk as opposed to flamboyant and camp... I'll play the demo first if the gameplay is as strong as they say.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
is Bang really awesomer than Chipp? i mean, Bang yells out every move he does, but Chipp yells random words in Japanese. Bang has a cooler weapon, but Chipp can explode.

And most importantly, in one ending, Chipp dedicates himself to becoming President. can Bang really compete with AMERICA'S FIRST NINJA PRESIDENT? i'm sorry, but i'll believe it when i see it.

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Massive fan of Guilty Gear so il probably pick this up if it comes uk side, ah hell even if it dosent ill import it yay for ps3 no region locking I guess bout time the overpriced blueray got used.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
RollForInitiative said:
Arisato-kun said:
Got this game a few days after it came out. I gotta say, I think it's the best fighter on the 360. Learning combos is hell though. I currently main with Noel and v-13 (yes, I've been called cheap for it) but I'm gonna try Bang since he just oozes awesome.
I will also call you cheap for using V-13, if only because it's so blatantly obvious that she's a cheap character the moment you play her. ;) You are redeemed by your desire to learn the awesome of Bang however.
I do love my V-13 but I use her very rarely. Only when people piss me off.:) Other than that I stick to Noel and have gotten pretty decent with Jin.

Bang is indeed awesome. Especially when you use Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan. I just need to figure out some combos so he'll be useful online.

Hammith

Dec 26, 2008
Hakumen is my favorite. He plays much more strategically than most of the others, and he's more about timing than anything else.

I also enjoy playing V-13, Jin, Bang, Taokaka, and Litchi

Gregorius

May 28, 2008
For the love of all that is (un)holy, pronounce it correctly! If they wanted you to call it "Blaze-Blue", they would have made the name "Blaze-Blue", but is it? IS IT?!

Seriously, though, once we get more copies of the limited edition of BlazBlue in, I'm going to get my friend to hold me a copy of it. I've been waiting for it forever and, being such the massive Guilty Gear fan that I am, want everything that comes with it. You know you're a fan of Sammy's / Arc System Works' games when you trade in your copy of Guilty Gear Accent Core just to get Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus... like I did some days ago. And I never looked back. Kliff and Justice are too good to pass up.

Maur DL

Boredom Slayer
Jul 8, 2009
Good review, I definitely want to try this game out, but man, Funk, you sound so absolutely bored in the video. Where's the enthusiasm?! :p

I'm - John - Funk. Please - Insert - Girder.

j/k

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Wow... I still think the Guilty Gear, Samurai Showdown and Last Blade games are the prime example of fighting games in general. BlazBlue definately looks as if I could add it to that list. Got to get this as soon as I can!

Beowulf DW

Jul 12, 2008
I'd love to give this game a try. That guy in blue with the katana looks awesome.
All right, I just think he's cool 'cause he seems to be using iaido, and I think that's awesome.

Demiath

Mar 12, 2009
I've never bought a fighting game in my entire life and never watch anime but despite that I recently ordered a copy of BlazBlue. The insane 2D graphics are just too amazing to pass up on and the apparently finely tuned combination of initial accessibility and bewildering complexity sounds very promising...