Review: Blur

Steve Butts

Jun 1, 2010

Gran Turismo meets Mario Kart in this enjoyable, but not especially memorable, game.

Read Full Article

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
Damn, I was hoping this game would turn out really good. Shame really, ah well, May as well rent it anyways.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
have friends over and rent this when you do. always nice to have a kartgame with actual cars :D

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looks like a good one to rent but...as to own I think I will take a pass. Could be good for a few rounds when drunk though!

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
It is a fun game....but NOT worth the 60 Dollars CDN that they are asking for it. This is worth 30 tops. Still a great game though and loads of fun.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I was going to actually buy an Activision game again...Guess not. Ah well, I'l probably get Split/Second.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
I actually really enjoyed this. It's a fun arcade racer and it doesn't stress me out in multiplayer even if I don't do well. It's great fun just to ruin somebody's day. Disagree with the review. I'd give it 4, maybe 4.5 stars. Each to their own though.

P.S. Much preferred it to S/S. That game was dross.

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Theres been a lot of issues with the European release of this game, with places like HMV and Steam dropping it the day before it was due to be released with no explanation really given. I gave it a shot but wasn't impressed - will stick to NFS World for now.

edthehyena

Oct 26, 2009
I'm sad the review didn't mention that it has split screen multiplayer, making it an ideal game to play with friends. That was the main reason I bought it.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I won a copy from Kotaku a couple of weeks back (still waiting on Activision to send it to me though - hopefully before the weekend!) so I don't have to part with money for it, which frankly I didn't intend to. I enjoyed the beta and I don't mind that single-player unlocks won't carry over to multiplayer. I look forward to doing something besides playing MW2 every night to make the most of my XBox Live connection.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
I was going to actually buy an Activision game again...Guess not. Ah well, I'l probably get Split/Second.
For what it's worth, I've heard the shine comes off of the Split/Second apple even faster than Blur. Guess it depends what kind of game you want.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
steve butts said:

Gran Turismo meets Mario Kart in this enjoyable, but not especially memorable, game.

Read Full Article
Steve, when can we expect a review on Split Second? I was surprised it was not mentioned in the article. Non biased, looking forward to more.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Kermi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
For what it's worth, I've heard the shine comes off of the Split/Second apple even faster than Blur. Guess it depends what kind of game you want.
I definitely agree. Once you know what can happen on a Split/Second track the novelty is gone completely.

My favourite thing about Blur is that different things happen each race, and the outcomes are almost always very good fun.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
dragon_of_red said:
Damn, I was hoping this game would turn out really good. Shame really, ah well, May as well rent it anyways.
..Yo... You're taking one review from "Random Guy on the Internet #5644657643231" as gospel and just from that, it's not a good game? Grow up and actually try it yourself. I never take reviews as law. I take it as "advice of what may or may not be expected". Hence why I haven't even touched Red Dead Redemption due to how unbelievably boring and dull it is. I've seen reviews giving it 9.5's and 10's. Doesn't mean it's good at all.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Great. More lightning. Because it is so much fun to get hit by it in Mario Kart. Is there a blue shell too?

Actually, this game looks like a b-b-blast. D-definitely worth a l-look.

EDIT: Good job there, Steve. Great review. But no more "I see what you did there jokes". Those haven't been funny in a while.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
AvsJoe said:
Great. More lightning. Because it is so much fun to get hit by it in Mario Kart. Is there a blue shell too?

Actually, this game looks like a b-b-blast. D-definitely worth a l-look.

EDIT: Good job there, Steve. Great review. But no more "I see what you did there jokes". Those haven't been funny in a while.
There's the Shunt which is a red shell, the Bolts which are like having three green shells... the lightning actually makes big static fields appear on the track which do damage - so they're not magic "fuck you everyone!" shrink rays.

And there's no blue shell equivalent, which is completely AWESOME.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
Split/Second is shite. A shallow mechanic, controlled by the track, not the player. Also, 20-player racing is insane. In a good way.