Review: Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice

An RPG that lets you have french fries, a pirate, and a yeti in your party. Do you need another reason to play it?

Read Full Article

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
is this supposed to have a video review with it or is that just an annoying ad that plays with no real point?

Edit: ahh ok after loading the page a few times the vid finaly played right

I enjoyed the demo and Ive been meaning to get the full game, just wish it would be out for the pc since my 360 only has the crappy 20gig hd and new ones cost 3 arms and a leg

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Screw waiting for a game+DLC bundle deal on PSN, I'll buy CQ and this DLC on Christmas.

Who need to "spend time with the family" anyway?

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I played the trial but yet to purchase the full game, even though I had a blast playing it. I'll get it sooner or later though.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Yay, I'm not the only one to notice the music!

I actually already bought the game and I may buy the DLC come Christmas, but...uncertain.

Great game though, I recommend it to all.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Good game, but the game + DLC is going to run you $20 total, which is a bit much because both are a bit short. $10 for the game would have been better than $15. Still fun, but maybe wait for a price drop first if you get annoyed with short games.

I bought it with Limbo when MS was doing that "spend $30, get $10 back" deal over Xbox Live, so I basically did get it for $10 which is happy times for me. :)

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Dectilon said:
"Do you need another reason to play it?"

Yes. Stop taking the easy way out.
Then perhaps you should read the review, where I provide several reasons to play it.

Lighten the hell up.

Remzer

Provider of Nutrients
Jul 29, 2009
mjc0961 said:
Good game, but the game + DLC is going to run you $20 total, which is a bit much because both are a bit short. $10 for the game would have been better than $15. Still fun, but maybe wait for a price drop first if you get annoyed with short games.

I bought it with Limbo when MS was doing that "spend $30, get $10 back" deal over Xbox Live, so I basically did get it for $10 which is happy times for me. :)
Well some AAA games cost close to 70$ for 15 hours of play time (if you're slow), just because they got kewl graffyx!!1!... At least this one doesn't pretend to make up for your money. I say it's cute, honest and looks damn fun!

Sidenote : yay for turn-by-turn RPGs!

Undeadpool

Aug 17, 2009
As games get darker and more self-serious, it's really great to see one that is genuinely adorable and even a little heartwarming.

TrogzTheTroll

Aug 11, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Dectilon said:

Then perhaps you should read the review, where I provide several reasons to play it.

Lighten the hell up.
Someones Maaaaaaaaaaaaaad, but I can understand the point of instead of saying pointless things like "You don't need another reason" actually putting as manly points from the article in the video/description as possible.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
TrogzTheTroll said:
Susan Arendt said:
Dectilon said:

Lighten the hell up.
Someones Maaaaaaaaaaaaaad, but I can understand the point of instead of saying pointless things like "You don't need another reason" actually putting as manly points from the article in the video/description as possible.
How many points can you fit into a teaser? It's meant to be maybe ten or fifteen words long - and usually gets cut to shorter than that when it's inserted into our grid. A teaser isn't a summary, just an indication in a particular direction.

TrogzTheTroll

Aug 11, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
TrogzTheTroll said:
Susan Arendt said:
Dectilon said:

Lighten the hell up.
How many points can you fit into a teaser? It's meant to be maybe ten or fifteen words long - and usually gets cut to shorter than that when it's inserted into our grid. A teaser isn't a summary, just an indication in a particular direction.
Key word was Possible, since I don't expect you to fit every fact in to a video teaser. But if you have enough time to say something useless like "How much more do you need herpdaderp" then you can take it out and quick throw in a another fact.

Edit: Especially because the term "What more do you need" would almost put readers off from reading the actual review. Apparantly you MUST have covered everything if the only other thing you can say is "Well what more do you need?"

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
TrogzTheTroll said:
Susan Arendt said:
TrogzTheTroll said:
Susan Arendt said:
Dectilon said:

Lighten the hell up.
Key word was Possible, since I don't expect you to fit every fact in to a video teaser. But if you have enough time to say something useless like "How much more do you need herpdaderp" then you can take it out and quick throw in a another fact.
I could take many approaches, and went for an emphasis on the game's silly humor, exemplified by the characters I cite. The "do you need anything more?" shows my approval of said silliness, in that it alone is enough to make the game worth playing. If you don't like the approach, that's fine, but it's a perfectly valid approach.

TrogzTheTroll

Aug 11, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
TrogzTheTroll said:
Susan Arendt said:
TrogzTheTroll said:
Susan Arendt said:
Dectilon said:

Lighten the hell up.
I could take many approaches, and went for an emphasis on the game's silly humor, exemplified by the characters I cite. The "do you need anything more?" shows my approval of said silliness, in that it alone is enough to make the game worth playing. If you don't like the approach, that's fine, but it's a perfectly valid approach.
That's fine, you can use that perfectly valid approach. But the point of me and that one other guy's point was that we would prefer if you used an approach that gave more detail upfront. Telling him in an almost ironic way to lighten the hell up doesn't seem like a way for you to voice an understanding of our opinion on the statement, but then you want me to see that your approach is just fine. If you didn't tell him to basically screw off and instead said something like, "Ok, I did it for X reason but I understand bleh" then I wouldn't have had to counter argue, since you're showing you understand our point as well.