Review: Crazy Taxi

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006

Get ready to head to the original Levi's store one more time.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
But...Russ. It doesn't have the music!

The music is what made the game fun, for me at least.

The most fun I've had in a lot of games, was driving around and listening to the soundtrack.

Either way, I just hope that in a gaming world full of narrative, immersion, and multiplayer driven titles, there is always room for a little CRAZY.

[HEADING=2]YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH[/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]YEAH[/HEADING]

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:

The most fun I've had in a lot of games, was driving around and listening to the soundtrack.

Either way, I just hope that in a gaming world full of narrative and multiplayer driven titles, there is always room for a little CRAZY.
YES.

People who haven't played the game before will miss the one thing that actually made Crazy Taxi Crazy Taxi - the music. Without the Offspring tracks blaring, it is just a mediocre arcade stunt racer with ridiculously floaty controls.

The Salty Vulcan

Jun 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

You should try playing it with The Cat Empire playing. It feels even better!

Man this review made me all nostaligic. I had this on the Playstation 2 and me and my cousin used to veg out to this game during those long summer days. We had Dumbledored that map!

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
The immediate gripe I had with this is the first replier said: they inexplicably changed the music. The new soundtrack is fucking terrible.

And the name-brand stuff is out. No Pizza Hut, no KFC, no Levi's... makes me a sad Sage.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Noooo... the music, the landmarks! I is disappointed. :mad:

And they didn't bother with a graphical upgrade?! Even a tiny smitch? Damn.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Yeah, sorry, Sega, but there is simply no way in hell I can play this game without the correct soundtrack. It's as intrinsic to the game as the controls or the cabs themselves. You shall have to tell someone else to "shut up and move your butt" - I shall be giving this a pass.

Apr 28, 2008
I was a sad panda when I started it up and didn't hear the "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah". I just grew so used to it, after playing it on the Dreamcast for so long it just feels wrong without it. Its weird.

Game's still fun though, and now I'm off to buy the track. I'll be damned if I play Crazy Taxi without "All I want".

Akihiko

Raincoat Killer
Aug 21, 2008
I bought it the other week. Was gutted to find out none of the old locations were still there, like kfc and pizza hut, and more importantly The Offsprings - All I Want was completely removed. The game is still enjoyable, but damn, it just isn't the same!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
I ain't drivin' no cray-zeee taks-eee wi'out no Offspring.

Dunno why I wrote that in an accent. But hey, I already own the game for PS2 and also all the Offspring albums.

But yay!

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
Damnit, now I want to reinstall it and play.

I believe the PC version was the same as the arcade and Dreamcast? (I remember driving to real-life places as Levi's and KFC at least.)

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Russ Pitts said:

Get ready to head to the original Levi's store one more time.

Read Full Article
"How many times have I said 'crazy'? I lost count."

Well my good man, I do believe that you said "crazy" exactly 25 times throughout your crazy video supplement to your review of Crazy Taxi.

You sir, are indeed:

[HEADING=1]CRAZY![/HEADING]

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Don't forget, it came out on GAMECUBE!!! yeah, for serious, I didn't have a dreamcast and I got sick of playing it at my friends house, so I bought Crazy Taxi for gamecube. Also, the dreamcast Taxi of Craziness has a sequel which is pretty crazy

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
So many memories.... oh so many memories. Especially with that music blaring. I would buy it, but I already have a Dreamcast with the original game so.... what's the point?

Also....

[HEADING=3]CRAZY[/HEADING]