Review: Crazy Taxi

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I too miss The Offspring music. Good thing I can import the music from my SD card to my PS3 and it'll be just like old times when I played this on the arcade.

Fensfield

Nov 4, 2009
No original soundtrack? Yeesh, so much for buying that re-release, I'd sooner get out my Dreamcast again; especially after the sample of the new music they're using. 'Doesn't do a thing to support the premise by the sound of it. Maybe if they re-release Crazy Taxi 2, which I never managed to get...

That said, though, was anyone else disturbed, on reading the game's character backgrounds, to discover that the old dude had created the 'Crazy Style' school of driving and persuaded local government to make it legal? That's right, the reason the cops never come after you is because the license they show you after each round is real in the setting and legally allows the characters to drive like complete nutjobs.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
My Dreamcast is broken! Trying to determine whether or not to throw down $10 for a game I already own is hard... But it's not appropriately crazy without the soundtrack!

Seriously, that was one of the best bits of buying Sonic Adventure again - hearing the ridiculous '90s soundtrack again, and realising how much I loved it.

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
But...Russ. It doesn't have the music!

The music is what made the game fun, for me at least.

The most fun I've had in a lot of games, was driving around and listening to the soundtrack.

Either way, I just hope that in a gaming world full of narrative, immersion, and multiplayer driven titles, there is always room for a little CRAZY.

[HEADING=2]YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH[/HEADING]
[HEADING=1]YEAH[/HEADING]
This is a problem for me also, I want the awesome music to bang my head to as I drive so crazy they bang their heads also.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
I pretty much play this game every day of my life that I have to go out driving on the DC-metro area Beltway.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Russ Pitts said:
Review: Crazy Taxi

Get ready to head to the original Levi's store one more time.

Read Full Article
HA! I have it on the Dreamcast and I'll admit, Hearing "All I Want" by The Offspring was one of my favorite parts of that game, so the remake having new music just wouldn't be the same at all

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
They changed the music? Well I'm already disappointed.

And they didn't even upgraded the graphics nor add any online or something else new.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
There was also a gamecube port of Crazy Taxi, so it's not JUST on the Dreamcast.

Dok Zombie

Apr 24, 2008
I was all ready to buy this until he said "All I Want" wasn't in it, now it's lost about 90% of its nostalgia appeal.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
You have to wonder how much the Offspring were asking to re-licence that track, because, without wishing to dredge up a whole new piracy debate, if you can't give people that classic game in it's full remembered state, I think you're gonna find people heading off to the emulators to play the one they liked.

I'm guessing the Offspring saw how big Crazy Taxi was and got hugely underpaid last time and priced themselves out of it this time however.

I always wondered how much you'd get for being the theme tune to a game, and then, how much you'd get for being on a radio station in something GTA style, or just being on an EA Sports playlist for example, it must be only a few cents, as there's tons of tracks, maybe they're sold on the exposure it gives them.

CrazyDave DC

Apr 14, 2010
Wait... so is The Simpson's: Road Rage basically just a cheap rip-off of Crazy Taxi? If that's the case, I feel so used... :'(

Jigokunokijin

Dr. Aimbot McWallhack
Apr 14, 2009
I do believe I'll stick to my dreamcast version if they scrapped the old soundtrack. I still have fond memories of playing that game till I was frustrated beyond belief. Those trick courses were a pita.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
On what grounds did they change the music? Ya ya ya ya ya at the start made it. I bought the album off the back of CT/CT2.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
CrazyDave DC said:
Wait... so is The Simpson's: Road Rage basically just a cheap rip-off of Crazy Taxi? If that's the case, I feel so used... :'(
Oh yeah! It was such a rip off that they were sued by Sega for copyright infringement. They settled out of court.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Omg I remember both the game and soundtrack.

Daystar Clarion said:
That game is 10 years old? Jesus Christ I feel old now... That's CRAAAAAZY!
You and me both dude :<

Anyway, I saw the "this game feels 10 years old" coming a mile away - when I opened this up I was wondering "why is he reviewing that old thing" and the game graphics/setting didn't give me a clue it's new either.

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
I must have spent at least $100 on this in arcades in the past. And I think its important that I become the 1 bazillionth person to complain about the music being missing. That was probably the best part of the game.

Also the game was released on PC several years ago. Wasn't just the Dreamcast.