Review: Crazy Taxi

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
No Offspring, no sale.

I honestly think that people who've never played Crazy Taxi have no reason to now, and nostalgic gamers will find the incomplete experience jarring.

No thanks.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Your Crazy Pitts, YA CRAZY (Good without the original soundtrack indeed) now keep still while I practice my stabbing, HERHAAAAAR!!!

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
When I first saw the review and that I could buy the game again my nostalgia engine was running at 200%. I was ready to buy it when I heard that my music was gone?.GONE. My nostalgia engine overheated and become fanboy rage at 400%.

Dear John crazy taxi you have broken my heart, you will not have access to my bank account.

Suzanne Allison

Nov 8, 2010
My first time playing this version, I actually paused and lost about 5 seconds at the beginning because I was waiting to hear "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!" as the starting gun.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
Fensfield said:
That said, though, was anyone else disturbed, on reading the game's character backgrounds, to discover that the old dude had created the 'Crazy Style' school of driving and persuaded local government to make it legal? That's right, the reason the cops never come after you is because the license they show you after each round is real in the setting and legally allows the characters to drive like complete nutjobs.
That is just brilliant! I always wondered why no one arrested me after I nearly ran over half the city. Now if they could only explain the mechanics behind building a cab that never ever crashes or tips over.

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
Suzanne Allison said:
My first time playing this version, I actually paused and lost about 5 seconds at the beginning because I was waiting to hear "Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah!" as the starting gun.
Same. Thing. Happened. To me.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
Crazy Taxi without The Offspring and Bad Religion or the incredibly blatant product placement just wouldn't feel like Crazy Taxi. While it would probably cost more I would much rather try to track down a copy of Crazy Taxi for the Gamecube and just play that on my Wii.

SyphonX

Coffee Bandit
Mar 22, 2009
I still have this game. Along with Resident Evil: Code Veronica and Skies of Arcadia. These three titles alone, made the Dreamcast awesome.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Music alteration asside.

'How does this 10 year old game hold up against its modern counterparts?'

It bloody shouldn't, that's how!

Why do these games need to be reviewed?
They're old and not as good as modern games, because they ARE OLD.

You're not telling us anything we don't already know...

Rant over.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
Summary:
"This ten-year old game is still ten years old. It hasn't changed at all. I'm going to say crazy a lot because that's cool, right? Also, they changed the music, sadface."
No offence, Russ... But what was the point of this review?

Calderon0311

May 9, 2009
Wait wait, everyone always mentions Crazy Taxi for the DC, but what about the GameCube version? If you need your fix, it's there. Waiting on the Wii for you! (Assuming that you can find a GCN version at gamestop!)

Jigokunokijin

Dr. Aimbot McWallhack
Apr 14, 2009
Archemetis said:
Music alteration asside.

'How does this 10 year old game hold up against its modern counterparts?'

It bloody shouldn't, that's how!

Why do these games need to be reviewed?
They're old and not as good as modern games, because they ARE OLD.

You're not telling us anything we don't already know...

Rant over.
Moon_Called said:
Summary:
"This ten-year old game is still ten years old. It hasn't changed at all. I'm going to say crazy a lot because that's cool, right? Also, they changed the music, sadface."
No offence, Russ... But what was the point of this review?
The point of this review is that it just came out on Xbox Live Arcade. I'm sure anyone who played this game and loved it and doesn't still have a working Dreamcast and this game would be willing to pay for it again just because of the nostalgia factor. He does a great deal of people a big favor here by letting us know that one of the most important parts of this game isn't there. Old games do not equal bad games. Bad graphics do not equal bad games. These games were some of the best during their time and thats where nostalgia comes in. Point being, you didn't have to watch this review if you have already passed judgement on it. This review was not posted to change your view on a ten year old game, it was posted to inform people who might be interested in it.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
They took the music out? Pssh, I'll continue playing this on the PC then XD

I've actually got it for the gamecube as well due to a Christmas present mistake.

Ahh, I love this game :D

Calderon0311 said:
Wait wait, everyone always mentions Crazy Taxi for the DC, but what about the GameCube version? If you need your fix, it's there. Waiting on the Wii for you! (Assuming that you can find a GCN version at gamestop!)
Yo! I got that :D