Review: Killzone 2

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Review: Killzone 2

Killzone 2 is the most sophisticated first-person shooter ever released. That's not necessarily a good thing.

Read Full Article

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
A non-perfect review of Killzone 2? INCOMING (fanboys)! Duck and cover!

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I noticed no delay between pressing the button and seeing the action on screen but I will try it out later.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
I thought Susan did all the audio supplements of the reviews.
Not anymore. It was creating a lot of confusion - people thought I wrote stuff I didn't. So everyone is back to voicing their own stuff. :)

Chickmcjr

Jun 24, 2008
I enjoyed reading that review. Though the raging masses will probably come at a later time. You probably expected that though.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Not anymore. It was creating a lot of confusion - people thought I wrote stuff I didn't. So everyone is back to voicing their own stuff. :)
Noooooooo! I really like your voice.

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Susan Arendt said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doesn't help when they sound bored with their own work.
Practice makes perfect. Thanks for the constructive criticism, though.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Susan Arendt said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Doesn't help when they sound bored with their own work.
Agreed, Jordan's review is all well and good, but his video portion lacks enthusiasm.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
+1 for the eraser head avatar!

go jordan

+ another 1 for the first kz2 review i've seen that didn't read like it was a sony press release

KamikazeSailor

Jun 10, 2008
I don't think you sound bored, you just sound like you don't realize exactly how your audio is going to be perceived.

If you care, I think this is a much better review than your Halo Wars review. It feels like you go into a lot more detail about what makes the game good and bad.

From someone who is a PS3 fan but doesn't actually own one (play my roomates all day!) I'd be curious to know what you think this game will do for the system. How will it impact the Shooter market? Will it pull away Halo fans? Will it kill any Resistance community that's left? Will this game sell consoles like Metal Gear Solid 4?

I would've also liked to see more about the multiplayer because multiplayer is the PS3's biggest selling point for me.

Other than that I liked the review... not that you or anyone else cares... but still...

JoeNut

Aug 27, 2008
if you're getting input delay it's your TV, i and thousands of others aren't getting it.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
Doug said:
Gamesradar did the exact same thing, except went two steps further saying that while Killzone's campaign is better, both Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 are better overall.

theCMNDER

Jan 18, 2009
KamikazeSailor said:
I'd be curious to know what you think this game will do for the system. How will it impact the Shooter market? Will it pull away Halo fans? Will it kill any Resistance community that's left? Will this game sell consoles like Metal Gear Solid 4?
The game is excellent but I do not feel that it will pull away Halo fans, I think it could quite possibly reduce any remaining Resistance community but I don't think it will quite kill it. I do not think this game will sell consoles to 360 owners, but it may well sell consoles to those who do not yet own a PS3 or 360.

The problem is it's hype, 360 owners automatically put down this game because the hype said: "This game is the best thing ever and its only for PS3", even the ones that don't put it down straight away will play the demo trying to dislike it, and the demo is rather poor, so they will come straight to the conclusion that the game sucks (it does not, the multiplayer is the best online gaming experience I have ever had, honestly - my opinion).

One thing that is good about the game that I think people cannot be too opinionated about is the support, if you look at the killzone.com forums Guerilla keep us updated with posts and do seem to read some of the more important posts, which is more than can be said for most game supports.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
bluerahjah said:
Doug said:
Gamesradar did the exact same thing, except went two steps further saying that while Killzone's campaign is better, both Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 are better overall.
I heard, and I'd heard about the explosion of fanboy rage against them for it. Hence, why teased ;)

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
A very good review actually, I find it hard to disagree with any point. I felt like it should have been longer though, felt a little cut short (the review, not the game).