Review: Loom

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Review: Loom

Logan Westbrook goes back in time to review LucasArts' Loom.

Read Full Article

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
The Lucasarts Classic Adventures pack(which also contained Monkey Island) didn't include the audio drama either. Really, other then providing background information(in the Loom is apparently in the far future, the year 5000 something), it's not really needed.

Supposdly, there were plans at one point to make it the first game in a trilogy, but it never happened. Shame, that.

domicius

Apr 2, 2008
It's always been a bit of a smaller step-sister to the other LucasArts games, but Loom gave the company a lot of credibility early on in their adventure-game career.

And the whole not-dying thing was incredibly cool.

sturryz

Nov 17, 2007
As much as I love the oldies, do we really need to be reviewing them? It's less a review as it is more of a reflection.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
sturryz said:
As much as I love the oldies, do we really need to be reviewing them? It's less a review as it is more of a reflection.
Absolutely. The fact that it has been rereleased to a new era of gamers will mean nothing if someone doesn't give them a reason to buy it.

OK, that's not entirely the way I feel about it, but while rereleasing the classics is great for those of us familiar with them, someone going over them and giving information about them is more likely to open them up to a new audience than a blurb in Steam, and this unique game is one of those that I think gamers should experience at least once to look at games from a new perspective. Yeah, I'm tooting LucasArts's horn a bit, but at least for a while they deserved it.

Deathkingo

Aug 10, 2009
Loom was the first game i ever played. I went back and re-played it to the end. It may be the nostalgia speaking, but it was actually a great game. i even had to play the version with worse graphics; its nice to see that steam booted them up.

Samah

Jul 7, 2008
Anoctris said:
God this game pissed me off.
Always got stuck at the Water Spout.
Oh yeah, you gotta have the F note so you can untwist it. Make sure you've learned all the drafts on the first island. Namely: open, dye, night vision, and gold spinning.

Even though I remember it from 20 years ago, I just bought it on Steam and played it all the way through. :)