Review: Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers

wolf_isthebest

the Insane
Mar 4, 2009
lax4life said:
wolf_isthebest said:
Another console only game :( It would be nice if they made it for PC or at least psp.
I actually just bought this off steam.
I pre-order it too, now that they sell it on Steam BUT at the time of my post(14 July 2009 7:10 pm) there was no PC version. Guess somebody read my QQ and made one just for me :D

Jun 11, 2008
Spucktier said:
Too bad it's a XBLA title only. Damn you, Sony - attract more publishers for PSN
Actually you can preorder it off steam now. I doubt you need a decent computer to run a game like this on it.

Sprizmo

May 11, 2010
wrshamilton said:
Not being able to take cards out of your deck as you add new ones to it ruined this for me.

I understand not having full deck construction, but just slowly making your deck bigger is the strangest introduction to Magic.
Yeah thats why this version has no longevity. Its fun for as long as it takes to unlock those additional cards then your just spinning your wheels. Apparently the PS3 is going to release some kind of 3D version with fully customizable decks and and booster packs you can purchase on the marketplace. There will be trading and selling between players as well. At least that's what a friend told me, I was too lazy to research.

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
So PC version's the joke version. Aside from the fact that you'll always be playing with fewer cards than irl (though at a much cheaper price to compensate), no deckbuilding means literally no reason to buy this. It actually pisses me off a bit that they'd do that with a mtg product.