Review: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

BleachedBlind

May 19, 2008
The review was good, and you make the game sound pretty fun, but I'm still a bit hesitant because of how many sites across the net are giving this such mixed reviews. Many of them are claiming a large number of bugs. Did you encounter any noticeable bugs throughout your play?

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
From all the mainly negative reviews on other sites I was starting to think this game was going to be a huge disappointment. Thankfully when I got it home I came to basically the same conclusion as Russ did. This game is great for the same reason the first one was. You get to blow stuff up in a giant persistent world.

No, it's no 'Mona Lisa' but it is still a great deal of fun for all the right reasons. This game is more of a sports game the sense that it does one thing very well, and not much else. There is some repetition due to that, but it's forgiveable, those minor annoyances seem to be the nature of the beast.

The PC port on the other hand is awful, I had the 'pleasure' of sitting down with my friend's copy of the game on PC and it was so ugly and glitchey that we went back to my flat to play it on 360.

Jimmyjames

Jan 4, 2008
wilsonscrazybed post=6.70598.714145 said:
The PC port on the other hand is awful, I had the 'pleasure' of sitting down with my friend's copy of the game on PC and it was so ugly and glitchey that we went back to my flat to play it on 360.
Really? What are you playing it on? I D/L'ed the PC version just to try out (I bought the PS3). I was so impressed with how clean it was on the PC that I might go back and buy it again.

Eminate

Sep 7, 2007
BleachedBlind post=6.70598.714119 said:
The review was good, and you make the game sound pretty fun, but I'm still a bit hesitant because of how many sites across the net are giving this such mixed reviews. Many of them are claiming a large number of bugs. Did you encounter any noticeable bugs throughout your play?
There are a few bugs in the Ps3 version but in no way do they affect they gameplay enough to warrant a 5/10 score like those obviously corrupt editors at gamespot gave it. It is what it is, an explosively entertaining romp through the towns and jungles of Venezuela with tons of firepower. Anyone expecting something more complicated should stick to their barely understandable Japanese hentai rpgs (Aaron Thomas you moron). The only criticism I could add is that it's a jungle so where are the monkeys? I want to blow up lots and lots of monkeys over and over.

protogenxl

Mar 5, 2008
The Best part of the game is this song

http://www.pandemicstudios.com/mercenaries/audio/Oh_No_Full_Length.mp3

Mark B

Nov 5, 2007
Ok on the whole a good review but you can hardly mention this game with out pointing out some of the bugs which make completing it a chore.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Danzorz post=6.70598.699023 said:
TomNook post=6.70598.697388 said:
Am I the only one who has an issue with the vehicle break sound? It sounds like scratching a chalkboard with steel nails.
The noise is so horrificly annoying I avoid driving at all times.
I agree with you too on that aspect. My mate figured out a way to delete/modify the entering vehicles sound files, if I can get him to tell me through simple instructions I'll post it up. Though this is obviously only for computer versions.