Review: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
ace_of_something said:
This is the only reason I haven't hawked my wii yet.
Exactly this. If it wasn't for the fact that this is coming out, I would've got rid of the Wii ages ago. I already traded in all my games except for the first No More Heroes.

All I can really say is... bring it on. I wonder whether we'll get a similar split in versions this time - we didn't have the gore in the first one, that was specifically added to the American version whereas we just got a translation of the Japanese version. As for now, we don't even have a release date, so yeah.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
that is the greatest thing I"ve ever heard. Kill countless people in gruesome ways at night and during the day, but in the morning, he plays with his very cute cat.

Freakin' kickass. I will get this game as soon as I have a wii.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
OH MY GOD! I am missing out on this. I loved the last part with the giant robots cuz it reminded me of the anime Gun * Sword.

Zivlok

Dec 12, 2008
I do hope the author of this article realizes that they used the phrase "scatological save system", and how much cooler their life is now.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
persona J said:
wen the feck is it coming out in the uk?
It's coming out in Europe at the end of April

*Subpar motion controls*

What exactly is subpar about them?The first one used motion controls sparingly and they worked fine and this sounds identical.Too many Wii games try to shoehorn in unnecessary motion controls and suffer because of it

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

Seriously, i think that line just sealed the deal for me getting this game.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
If I owned a Wii, I'd play it. Looks like some crazy stuff.

[sub][sub]Would be better if it had walruses attacking an octopus called Smarmy with laser boobs[/sub][/sub]
Too be quite honest, it might.

It really might. I'm going to find out in a few moments when my ride gets here.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
I played the game at a friends house. The only thing I didn't like was the final boss and the ending.

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
I liked the game except for the levels where you played characters who are not Travis. Specifically adding jumping to a game with lack-luster camera controls.

And the fact that Shinobu's combos leave her wide open to counter-attacks? I couldn't figure out if that was poor design, or an intentional comment that maybe Shinobu is over-confident and not as good as she thinks she is.

it's hard to tell with Suda51. Is it bad on purpose?

Sir Kemper said:
"STRAWBARRYSHORTCAKE!"

Seriously, i think that line just sealed the deal for me getting this game.
Yeah all his super-moves are named after desserts. It's kind of hilarious to beat a guy, hit the jackpot, and have him yelling BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE and go all murder-town on the bad guys.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
it's out already? I am just getting the first of all these new titles(Mass Effect2, Bioshock2, and NMH2) and they are already out with a new one? that is a little ridicules. but nice video and review as always, nice work.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I got it when it came out and it was challenging(especially the final boss), and there were some parts that were tough for the wrong reasons like trying to get Shinobu out of the safe, but as a whole I enjoyed it.

Also helping the cat lose weight gives the one of the best attack moves in the game. A few of the boss battles would have taken a hell of a lot longer if I didn't have it.

If you've played the first one you'll get a lot more out of this one, but even if you havn't it is worth playing.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
I got the first one after Yahtzee's review and didn't like it. Luckily I got it cheap, but it really wasn't that good - 'different' or no.

Caliostro said:
I'm severely disappointed by the addition of a meaningless and utterly arbitrary "score" to the review...
Waaahhh.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Just to clarify, the Tiger that Travis turns into is a play on his name.
Torabisu = Travis.
Tora = Tiger.

Anyway, I loved NMH2. The writing is still the clever mixture of bizarre and wit that made still has me popping in the first to this day. A sure buy for anyone who loved the first.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Unfortunately I go as far as say I was a massive Suda 51 fanboy so I will be definitely be picking this up.
I thought the first was good as well though although the bike handled like ass.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Caliostro said:
I'm severely disappointed by the addition of a meaningless and utterly arbitrary "score" to the review...
I agree. I always enjoyed the way you guys avoided giving scores to the game, instead giving recommendations; it always seemed like a way to show readers which type of gamer would enjoy it, whereas with a score, you're just giving your arbitrary, subjective opinion.

OT: I never played No More Heroes, but I haven't gotten a good Wii game in a long time, and I'm thinking of picking up both of these just because they seem to ooze style, and I like that.