Review: Noby Noby Boy

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Slycne said:
HardRockSamurai said:
It's games like this that make me want to pick up a 2x4 and whack Bill Gates upside the head. Why doesn't the 360 get beautiful games like this?

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?
Viva Pinata, Braid, Geometry Wars, Castle Crashers, etc. The 360 has it's fair share of charming games as well.
What I meant to say is "Why doesn't the 360 get UNIQUE games?" Sure, we have the gas-guzzling franchises like Halo, Gears of War and GTA IV's DLC, but never any of the charming stuff. Finding a truly unique game on the 360 is like trying to find Linkin Park CDs in the ocean.

Jul 9, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Slycne said:
HardRockSamurai said:
It's games like this that make me want to pick up a 2x4 and whack Bill Gates upside the head. Why doesn't the 360 get beautiful games like this?

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?
Viva Pinata, Braid, Geometry Wars, Castle Crashers, etc. The 360 has it's fair share of charming games as well.
I think HardRockSamurai means it by "Why doesn't the 360 have unique, strange, but all around beautiful games like this?"
I will give it to you that Braid is a bit unique, same with Viva Pinata but the PS3 seems to revel in games like this. See Linger in Shadows.
Speaking of which have you guys reviewed Linger in Shadows? Just wondering.
Whats there to review?

I think its because when Microsoft look at something like LittleBigPlanet, they don't see adorable little guys running around in lands of fun, they see "actual 12 year old girl".
I take it you mean that thing that they demoed with "an actual 12 year old girl"? The one everyone was calling a LBP ripoff? God damn, it wasn't a game, it was tools to build games.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Slycne said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Snip
Snip
Whats there to review?

I think its because when Microsoft look at something like LittleBigPlanet, they don't see adorable little guys running around in lands of fun, they see "actual 12 year old girl".
Thats true... All of it.
chenry said:
Is it sad that it's not Killzone 2, nor Metal Gear Solid 4, nor any of the other high budget, high profile game that entice me to the PS3?
You know sometimes I just love those small budget games because of their uniqueness

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
chenry said:
Is it sad that it's not Killzone 2, nor Metal Gear Solid 4, nor any of the other high budget, high profile game that entice me to the PS3?
You know sometimes I just love those small budget games because of their uniqueness
Its not like a big budget game can't be unique too. Remember Sony still own the first and foremost team for arty games.
They may own them but they do not develop them, unless I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
chenry said:
Its not like a big budget game can't be unique too. Remember Sony still own the first and foremost team for arty games.
They may own them but they do not develop them, unless I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.
Huh? Its hard to correct you when I have no idea what the hell you're saying.

Sony own Team Ico, who are probably consistently the foremost and most accomplished team when it comes to truly artistic games.
What I'm saying is who is developing it not producing the game. Get me now?

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
I have to say this is probably something I'd throw together if I had the time, money, and courage to make something like this.

I like the idea, and when I was reading your review, I was thinking, holy crap, I haven't seen anything this strange since Katamari Damacy. Then I read who it was developed by and it all made sense.

I would definitely buy the game if I wasn't busy playing Fallout 3

Sewblon

Nov 5, 2008
My nipples explode with delight because of this dimensional warp marketed as a game for the PS3.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Frank_Sinatra_ said:
chenry said:
Huh? Its hard to correct you when I have no idea what the hell you're saying.

Sony own Team Ico, who are probably consistently the foremost and most accomplished team when it comes to truly artistic games.
What I'm saying is who is developing it not producing the game. Get me now?

And Valve didn't develop Left 4 Dead, whats your point?
I guess there is none now... It's entirely possible that at the time I was typing that my brain was not working.