Review: Overlord 2

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Overlord 2

Overlord 2 isn't deep and it isn't profound. It's just fun.

Read Full Article

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
For some reason I was always under the impression that Overlord was bad. I'm not entirely sure why, in retrospect.
I'm very tempted to buy this. Which is irritating, as I have other stuff I need to buy. Arrgh.

... That minion hugging the graveyard worker was the cutest thing I've seen all day.

hansari

May 31, 2009
Overlord 2 has been garnering much of the same negative feedback its predecessor got. Its good to see some positive reviews coming forth.

Like you said, for all the games faults, its still very fun.

Question: Do you think you would have gone through the same camera/control problems with the pc version? I played the pc version of the first Overlord and it wasn't as bad as you make it sound...

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
Argh! No! Why does my computer have to be broken at a time when such a great game comes out?!?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I quite liked overlord 2 - ok, the gameplay is pretty much the same as last time, and there are a host of things to complain about, but the gameplay is fun enough and the story fun enough to make it a fun play for me.

Reinis

May 29, 2009
Thanks for the review. I just wish the video quality was higher. It looks like YouTube used to look before they implemented HQ/HD formats. Also, the splash screen is displayed in the fullscreen mode background. I guess you've broken Flowplayer, or are using an old version of it.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
This looks like fun actually. I may have to pick this up. I am curious though, who the hell fed the mogwai after midnight? :p

Woem

May 28, 2009
I never heard of Overlord but I quite like the concept. It's like playing as Dungeon Keeper's Reaper.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Not sure if the camera would work better on PS3 or PC -- and to be honest, friends of mine who've played on the 360 haven't been nearly as frustrated with the camera as I was. But it drives me insane. Especially the bit where it tries to point me in the "right" direction.

Limos

Jun 15, 2008
I played the original overlord on the PC and I never had a problem with the camera. It was a great game, one of the few that actually held my interest to the end.

Operations

Mar 11, 2009
Caimekaze said:
That minion hugging the graveyard worker was the cutest thing I've seen all day.
Hehe yes I had a little chuckle at that.

When Susan was saying how evil are you, I was waiting for her to say you are 'Timmy The Evil' evil :)

I shall have to pick up the demo off steam and give this a run about, though trying out aion for next few days.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I had a long-ass post here, but it got lost thanks to 404 error. So long story short:

Game is fun, funny, but minions tend to be just as stupid as you might imagine them.

At least Overlord doesn't die after 10 seconds of combat. And crafting is better... And.. well, it's a sequel that did a good job fixing mistakes of the past.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
If they can fix some of the past problems, which it sounds like they haven't, it could be fun...after all who can argue against: evil = fun?

t.tocs

May 23, 2008
The first overlord was just a complete bore for me. I wish they made more of an overhaul on this game and I'd consider it, but since it's just the same old with new tweaks, I'll skip it.