Review: Return to Mysterious Island 2

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Review: Return to Mysterious Island 2

Old-school adventure gaming, Jules Verne, and a monkey. Lots of monkeys, actually.

Read Full Article

Demiath

Mar 12, 2009
Actually, there is a demo. It can be found here: http://www.mysteriousislandgame.com/2/en/demo.html

Other than, thanks for an interesting review. Hadn't heard of this series before, and it looks promising.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Oh, excellent! Thanks for the info. I'd looked for it and just couldn't find it -- clearly I was having a small brain day. I'll update the review accordingly.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Sounds pretty fun. I'm downloading the demo as we speak.
[small]Well, type. You know what I mean.[/small]

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Is the framerate really as slow as it seems in the video? Looks kinda annoying to play to be honest...

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
headshotcatcher said:
Is the framerate really as slow as it seems in the video? Looks kinda annoying to play to be honest...
Though the game isn't without its glitches, the chugginess of the video is in part the result of the computer I was playing on, and in part the application I was using to record said video.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
It surprises me that you haven't reviewed Trine yet. I know Ben did, but that hardly counts.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This game certainly looks interesting. I enjoy using my brains to get through a game rather than picking up the nearest gun and shooting through it. But I have a question. When the volcano goes 'Splode! what happens to the native wildlife, specifically the monkeys? If you don't get to rescue them as well I'll be deeply saddened. Which is funny because on the flip side I enjoy hearing that you can drown Jeb...

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
I can vouch for the first one and I'm a big fan of point and click adventure games.

A few recommendations would be The secret of monkey island (the re-mastered version on live or pc that let's you play the original and updated visions), Runaway, Syberia (More 1 then the overly short 2), Broken Sword 1-2 (3's ok, but loses a little charm in it's 3d iteration), Tunguska Secret files (although it has some seriously odd /tough puzzles at times, so a Walk-thorough is a must).

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Leroy Frederick said:
I can vouch for the first one and I'm a big fan of point and click adventure games.

A few recommendations would be The secret of monkey island (the re-mastered version on live or pc that let's you play the original and updated visions), Runaway, Syberia (More 1 then the overly short 2), Broken Sword 1-2 (3's ok, but loses a little charm in it's 3d iteration), Tunguska Secret files (although it has some seriously odd /tough puzzles at times, so a Walk-thorough is a must).
The first Syberia is a must-play for adventure fans. Absolutely wonderful game, that.