Review: Super Scribblenauts

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Super Scribblenauts

It's the game that Scribblenauts should have been, and that just might be enough.

Read Full Article

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Scrumpmonkey said:
"This review is based on the Xbox 360 version of the game."

Hmmmm... really?
lol, didn't notice that xD

Really hope the controls are better, I usually ended up in the bottom of a cliff when clicking on the item that was on the edge of the cliff>.<

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:

Hmmmm... really?
Blast you, got there first!
I might look this up, S was brilliant, with just a few major issues relating to the controls and physics
It's heartening to see that they brought this out because of complaints, rather than leaving it. The cynic in me says they released the buggy version on purpose, so people would get this, but I shut him up with thoughts of what burning ice may look like

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Scrumpmonkey said:

Hmmmm... really?
You know...Kinect now has a mid-air virtual keyboard to type words with. Just for this game.

OT:

I'd pick it up but...Golden Sun.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
therandombear said:
Scrumpmonkey said:

Hmmmm... really?
lol, didn't notice that xD

Really hope the controls are better, I usually ended up in the bottom of a cliff when clicking on the item that was on the edge of the cliff>.<
They are indeed; I picked this game up the day it came out. This is everything I wanted the original Scribblenauts to be. I'm thrilled with it. The controls actually work now, and the addition of adjectives makes for some really awesome stuff.

Oct 14, 2010
I'm definitely willing to give it another shot if they fixed the misery-inducing problems of the first. It was like a diamond in a dung heap.

Also, they better have made "red panda" an actual object, and not just give you a red giant panda.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Scrumpmonkey said:
Susan Arendt said:
Scrumpmonkey said:

Hmmmm... really?
Well...erm...maybe it IS!

Yeah, ok, lemme just go fix that.
Great now im going to look crazy when people don't get what i mean. Im going to have an inbox full of "What? I don't get it. Why would you reply something like that?"

I know my comment was first but i did actually have to go back and read parts of the reveiw again just to make sure. Becuase if this was on the 360 as well i was proabaly going to buy it just to see how that worked. Then i realisied it was just a typo and my hopes were crushed, now im sad : (

On a side note; why would a DS only game needs that type of footer on it anyway? Seems a really random typo to have. What other system's reveiw could this be based off? I mean there hasn't been an I-phone version whilst i wasn't looking?
Technically, it doesn't. But that's a standard line we include in most reviews. When the game is an exclusive, the review might also reference that, but it's pretty flexible.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Woo! I wanted to play the original Scribblenauts but I always felt like there was a game I wanted more, and now that this is out I'm glad I waited. I think the feeling of wanting other games was also helped along by the fact that I read a few reviews that made me a little disappointed. In any case, I'm glad I waited!

copycatalyst

Nov 10, 2009
I'll take a look for it. The only thing I'm playing on DS now is the Sudoku in Brain Age 2, and it's getting a little stale.

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
*squints at the article picture on the Escapist's main page* Is that...a windsurfing werewolf? If so, +2 Win for Context AND Alliteration. :D

OT: I never played the original Scribblenauts, but this kinda has my interest piqued now. Think I'll check it out, once I've gotten these moths out of my pockets.

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
I was really excited for the original Scribblenauts. When I was given the game as a gift I played it very briefly before realizing that it just wasn't fun. If this game is what the original game promised, I think I have no choice but to get this game.