Review: Super Street Fighter IV

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
ThisNewGuy said:
I really enjoyed this review, but with that said, I personally disagree with the final score.

I find it hard to justify spending $40 on a game that's basically the same as the original that I've already owned. Maybe after a few price drops. Anyways, great review.
Yeah, capcom should've offered the super as a cheap upgrade (a DLC like they originally intended) for the gamers who supported them, purchasing the original sf4.
If they knew this would happen, everyone would've simply skipped their purchase and waited for this.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Nice Review!

Now i REALLY need a Xbox.

I was psyched when i heard about Ibuki and Juri looks like a fun character.

But the first thing ill do once i get it is go on a Ken and Cammy Binge.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
Nice Review!

From SF4, Ken was nerfed quite a bit since its SF3 glory days

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
ThisNewGuy said:
In fact, Ken got a slight buff in SSF4 compared to his SF4 counterpart. He _was_ a really bad shoto compared to Ryu, Sagat and Akuma. Not as bad as Sakura and Dan but not near as godly as the ones mentioned before.

ThisNewGuy

Apr 28, 2009
Woe Is You said:
ThisNewGuy said:
In fact, Ken got a slight buff in SSF4 compared to his SF4 counterpart. He _was_ a really bad shoto compared to Ryu, Sagat and Akuma. Not as bad as Sakura and Dan but not near as godly as the ones mentioned before.
Oh good. I really liked Ken. I was pretty disappointed when Ken was nerfed in SF4

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I may be making unfair comparisons here, but it seems the SF3 characters suffer a bit with SSF4's fucked-up ass combo system. For example, one thing that made Dudley so evil in SF3 was his c.HK which could be looped into itself. Because of the way the hitboxes are in S/SF4, you can't do that anymore, not to mention, like some others have said, the timing is incredibly tight on some the execution - it's incredibly difficult to chain, say, Rose's Soul Spiral after c.LKx3.

In a more general sense, as a person who loves fighting games, S/SF4 is awesome, no doubt. But the combo system - especially compared to previous installments, most notably SF3:3S - and certain hitbox mechanics are just terrible.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
ThisNewGuy said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Nice Review!

After Playing SF4 in an arcade i noticed that.

He was still good against jumpy Characters like Vega.

And im still better with him than most of the other characters.
:p

Mar 16, 2009
I would never give this above four stars (thank you Escapist for holding off on the five), as they promised, and delivered, that Seth would be more difficult to fight in the boss battle. The game's arcade mode is just as easy. You can go through the whole game on hard or higher without being KO'ed once, and suddenly you hit Seth and he's ridiculous to beat on normal. Thank god the whole roster is unlocked from the start.
Still, good game.

S_K

Nov 16, 2007
Mostly happy with SF4... even though I HATE HCB x 2 motions and get the feeling 2 of my fave new characters guy and ibuki are not going to be higher then mid tier at best methinks.

BTW how many people here use Joystick? I've had one since about march, but the main thing that seems to have achieved is improving my fight pad skills =P