Review: The Sims 3 (Xbox 360)

mr_rubino

New member
Sep 19, 2010
721
0
0
So it's not like the scaled-down mission-driven games usually found on consoles? Good.
Not to say I don't like those ones. All those games were more humorous than they had any right to be.
Also: Is Story Progression still a nightmare where people die and asexually reproduce while your back is turned for 5 seconds?
 

Woodsey

New member
Aug 9, 2009
14,553
0
0
Baby Tea said:
Desrali T Bear said:
Other than the "karma" thing, I didn't hear any reason to get this game for the console rather than the PC. For those of you planning on picking this up, I gotta ask, why not just get the PC version?
Not everyone has a decent PC.
Like me, for example. I just have my little netbook.
I'm pretty sure you can get the Sims to run with nothing but a hamster in a wheel and a prayer.
 

samsonguy920

New member
Mar 24, 2009
2,921
0
0
Well the console is quite welcome to the Sims 3. Why? Because Sims 3 is crap for custom content. Makes me think this was EA's plan from the getgo.
 

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
3,078
0
0
Karma system might as well be called "Super Easy Mode"

I guess it makes up for the slow controler reaction time.
 

Desrali T Bear

New member
Mar 19, 2010
22
0
0
GonzoGamer said:
Baby Tea said:
Desrali T Bear said:
Other than the "karma" thing, I didn't hear any reason to get this game for the console rather than the PC. For those of you planning on picking this up, I gotta ask, why not just get the PC version?
Not everyone has a decent PC.
Like me, for example. I just have my little netbook.
But I DO have a 360! And both I and my wife enjoy the Sims!
So this would actually be something to get!
Even if you have a decent PC, this game has so many bugs and problems with it that get worse the more expansions you get.
I'm hoping the console version will at least run... and save.
Really? I've never had a problem with the PC version. (*knocks cautiously on wood...)
 

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
3,253
0
0
Baby Tea said:
(or look as good)
...The game kinda looks like it's from 2005...


I mean, I can understand "not run as good" (even if it worries me that people these days don't have computers that can run THAT, but have 360s, but that's a personal thing), but "look as good"? It's not exactly Crysis or GTA IV...

Speaking of which, @OP: My first reaction was "man, aren't they like...4 or 5 years too late?", then I realized Sims 3 is only from 2009. That's bad, yo...
 

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
4,687
0
0
Caliostro said:
Baby Tea said:
(or look as good)
...The game kinda looks like it's from 2005...


I mean, I can understand "not run as good" (even if it worries me that people these days don't have computers that can run THAT, but have 360s, but that's a personal thing), but "look as good"? It's not exactly Crysis or GTA IV...
Well I'm running netbook.
Which means if I can run it, it would be at a pretty low resolution, with low detail settings.
On the other hand, I also have a 40" LCD TV (that my 360 is hooked up to) running at 1080p.

So yeah. It'll probably run on my netbook. But will look and run as good on that as on my 360? Nope.
 

scones_better

New member
Oct 15, 2010
14
0
0
olikunmissile said:
Does it have Mutiplayer like that one on the Xbox?

If so, sold.
Is it multiplayer? Me and my fiancée have been complaining about the impossibility the control our own sims and have them interact for quite a while. Its fun watching the other play but its never the same as actually playing together!
 

Not G. Ivingname

New member
Nov 18, 2009
6,368
0
0
FEAR ME, MERE MORTALS! FIRST I GIVE YOU THAT TOILET YOU WANTED, NOW TO PUNISH YOUR GREED I CURSE YOU WITH GHOSTS! MUHAHAHAHAH-

Did that school bus just make a 180 degree at the same place?
 

Blood Countess

New member
Oct 22, 2010
221
0
0
I got the Sims 3 and all it's expansions on the PC, no need for a lesser version in my opinion but hey good deal non pc gamers can play the sims :)
 

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
Another over-inflated score. At least in this case only slightly; from the review itself, a three is more apt.

OT: The Sims has never worked on consoles thanks to the controls. No surprises here then that this addition to the series falls short.
 

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
3,829
0
0
Once again I'm left wondering here...

The wii can't keep up with the graphics, and as a result the Wii version of a multi-console release tends to be quite different from the 360/PS3 versions.

And yet, every time I hear a review say something about game controllers VS a mouse, the Wii comes to mind.

Does the Wii version have better controls than the other console versions is what I'm asking really.
(and by contrast, does it have any other obvious shortcomings that counteract any control benefits?)
 

Olikunmissile

New member
Jul 16, 2008
1,095
0
0
scones_better said:
olikunmissile said:
Does it have Mutiplayer like that one on the Xbox?

If so, sold.
Is it multiplayer? Me and my fiancée have been complaining about the impossibility the control our own sims and have them interact for quite a while. Its fun watching the other play but its never the same as actually playing together!
One of the Sims games on the Original Xbox had local multiplayer, me and a friend played that game for days. It was really fun and it worked so well. I only hope the console version of Sims 3 has it too.
 

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
20,364
0
0
Pirate Kitty said:
Another over-inflated score. At least in this case only slightly; from the review itself, a three is more apt.

OT: The Sims has never worked on consoles thanks to the controls. No surprises here then that this addition to the series falls short.
It's still a good game, and if you don't play it on the PC already you'll probably take to the controls just fine. Really, my major problem with them was simply that I was used to controlling the game with a mouse and keyboard - if you aren't already used to it, you'll do fine.

But at the same time, is it really fair to dock a game points because of something that will wholly depend on person to person?

Hence the "if you're used to it on PC, take a star off the below score" part.
 

Vortigar

New member
Nov 8, 2007
862
0
0
Mmmmmhh, should I check to see if I can find those other seven non-sims gamers so we can have a beer and be indignant about you louts?

I read a review of these games here and there to see if it somehow kindles something in me. I'm left with a great big meh once again though.

And no, I play games like Civ and SimCity, so its not that.
 

GonzoGamer

New member
Apr 9, 2008
7,063
0
0
Desrali T Bear said:
GonzoGamer said:
Baby Tea said:
Desrali T Bear said:
Other than the "karma" thing, I didn't hear any reason to get this game for the console rather than the PC. For those of you planning on picking this up, I gotta ask, why not just get the PC version?
Not everyone has a decent PC.
Like me, for example. I just have my little netbook.
But I DO have a 360! And both I and my wife enjoy the Sims!
So this would actually be something to get!
Even if you have a decent PC, this game has so many bugs and problems with it that get worse the more expansions you get.
I'm hoping the console version will at least run... and save.
Really? I've never had a problem with the PC version. (*knocks cautiously on wood...)
Do you have the expansions?
That might be what does it. It worked fine when we first got it but now we find that we get all sorts of save errors and weird mutants: people with faces on their belly or cookie plates stuck to their wrists.
That's the kind of things we get.