Review Wars - NewClassic's "Tome of the Ancients" Retro Comp.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Hmm... good question. I'm going to go ahead and say they don't count, since a review would pretty much have the same content with or without them.
Ahhh, just like uni. Thanks for that.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
Squee! I just finished my review. It's a trip, man.

Also, I'm bumping this thread so we can get more people registering! I won't happy until we have 100 competitors dag nammit!

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Hey Joe said:

Also, I'm bumping this thread so we can get more people registering! I won't happy until we have 100 competitors dag nammit!
As one of three judges I can say I do NOT agree! haha.

EDIT: Oh right, there's like, 9 now.

Nivag the Owl

Oct 29, 2008
Danzorz said:
Nivag said:
Hey Joe said:

As one of three judges I can say I do NOT agree! haha.

EDIT: Oh right, there's like, 9 now.
Oh god, 9? Damn, this might take effort (OH GOD NOT EFFORT!!!).
Ok, well let's just see what happens, 9 reviews or 900 reviews, I care not, for Klutz! We must please Klutz! He will destroy the world if we don't, seriously.
Haha, I don't mind at all given the actual ratio. But if it was 100 competitors to 3 judges, 33 reviews PER ROUND would not be cool :)

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
Well, I'm ready to judge, being one of the five, and I am really looking forward to reading alot of high quality reviews, then destroying them with my red pen of death! Well, it's actually going to be my red font of death, and I won't be destroying as such as providing constructive criticism, but you get the general idea...
100 (desired) contestants and 5 judges?
Thats 20 per judge!
Wow, I better free up my calendar
Oh wait, theres already nothing on there...
*cries*

Nivag the Owl

Oct 29, 2008
Wait what am I talking about? They're not going to be divided up. *Face palms*. All judges will give their score on all reviews.

Inverse Skies

Feb 3, 2009
Nivag said:
Wait what am I talking about? They're not going to be divided up. *Face palms*. All judges will give their score on all reviews.
Haha! Seems like I've got the easy role! (I say that now, but when my review comes back covered in red pen I'll probably cry)

-Seems like this thread is promoting a lot of tears...

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Inverse Skies said:
Now don't say that! :(
Oh no, now I'm doing it!

Also, this is the first competition of hopefully many, so keep in mind a lot of the philosophy is still "we'll see how it goes." And spudz, just letting you know I got your review and I'll be dispersing it sometime next week.

spudz47

Mar 11, 2009
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Inverse Skies said:
Now don't say that! :(
Oh no, now I'm doing it!

Also, this is the first competition of hopefully many, so keep in mind a lot of the philosophy is still "we'll see how it goes." And spudz, just letting you know I got your review and I'll be dispersing it sometime next week.
Great!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
More a reminder than an announcement, but the registration period has ended. All reviews are due by next Friday, the 27th. Starting next Monday I'll be sending out the reviews I have so far so the judges can get a head start.

Finally, feel free to post ideas for future event competitions or requests for arranged competitions.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
We should all review a blank piece of paper.

The potential is only limited by your imagination

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Not entirely interested in the theme this time around, but when one does come up, I'll swing on in.

Thread is bookmarked for future reference.

EDIT: Hilariously enough, I already had a reveiw written on Sins of a Solar Empire that I wanted to submit, but there are two flaws: it doesn't fit the theme, and has 1039 words to it... :(

DOUBLE EDIT: If you have a review written previously and posted on the Escapist, can it be submitted? Just wanted to know, as I might post my Sins one.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
If you still need any judges for any future competitions, I'd be glad to lend a hand as a Regular Judge.

Maddziller

Mar 15, 2009
ultimatechance said:
Hey Joe said:
We should all review a blank piece of paper.

The potential is only limited by your imagination
hey now, not all of us have had experience with reviewing bricks.
That was pretty amazing.

I'm looking forward to ripping apart some reviews. :] Peer review. Right up my alley.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
More a reminder than an announcement, but the registration period has ended. All reviews are due by next Friday, the 27th. Starting next MondayTuesday I'll be sending out the reviews I have so far so the judges can get a head start.

Finally, feel free to post ideas for future event competitions or requests for arranged competitions.
^^;

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
I'm...going to risk being a massive disappointment...and say I'm going to have to drop out of this one. I'm ashamed to do such a thing, really, but if I ever enter the Review Wars again I swear I'll have my piece done before I ask to enter. Apologies, procrastination caused the death of an early, well-written essay, and now my mind has left me and unless I actually work a little for once in my life I'm not sure I'd even be able to pull off three paragraphs.

I'm just kidding about the work thing, I'm like mofo Bob the builder and shizz. 'Erry dame werken.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
I have finally got back from my camp, and am starting my review now.

Expect it to be done tonight or tomorrow; sorry for the wait. Year 11 has been very taxing, and I have had very little time to do anything.

It's a shame, because I love writing reviews.