Review Wars V- Scores Now Live! Reviewer Champion Declared!

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
soren7550 said:
Pimppeter2 said:
soren7550 said:
A game that has a non-human protagonist and a 800-1000 word limit? Damn, looks like I'm out already (planned on doing a book with a human protagonist and I know I'll blow past the 1000 word maximum).
Review wars will never do anything but video game submissions. At least in the foreseeable future. You'd be surprised how many words 1000 words is. Its a talent in itself to make every word count.
Oh well.

Maybe if I think hard enough I'll come up with a game. Skyrim has lizard people and kitties, that counts, right? Blops has wooden actors, and trees aren't people.

Hey, this will be easier to figure out than I though! :D
Skyrim doesnt count. Sorry to say. Neither does Blops :p

But we'd love it if you participate. Its not that hard to think of a good one. I mean, there are a lot of games people overlook.

Marter said:
Pimppeter2 said:
No worries, so, what do you say, are you in?
Not sure yet. There's a good chance I won't be, but I'll give you a definite answer in a couple of days.
Oh well, Okay. I look forward to it.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
This is a post to state my interest in this competition.
I've got a couple of ideas rolling around in my head.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
Just re-read the date. I originally thought it was December 27th, not the 17th. That falls right in the middle of exams, so I'm out. Sorry.

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
Quick question, if they were previously human, but then oh... Let's just say made into a Lich, or a technical zombie, or some other un-dead possibly vampiric form, before the game takes place, would that still work? I'll send a PM if more clarification is needed.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Sassafrass said:
This is a post to state my interest in this competition.
I've got a couple of ideas rolling around in my head.
Looking forward to it!

Marter said:
Pimppeter2 said:
Just re-read the date. I originally thought it was December 27th, not the 17th. That falls right in the middle of exams, so I'm out. Sorry.
No worries, hopefully next time will come quicker!

Safe in the Dark said:
Quick question, if they were previously human, but then oh... Let's just say made into a Lich, or a technical zombie, or some other un-dead possibly vampiric form, before the game takes place, would that still work? I'll send a PM if more clarification is needed.
Yes, but I suggest pming me just in case as well.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Interesting prompt. I've never done Review Wars, but it caught my eye this year and I want to give it a go. I'm just having trouble thinking of games I've played with non-human protagonists...

I mean there are lots from early gaming days, but I'd like to review something with more of a story than Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon. There's Okami, but everyone will be doing Okami... Hmm. Further thought will be given.

EDIT: What about a game where a plot twist involves the player character not being human? It would technically apply, but I feel like that might be cheating and putting people at risk of unwanted spoilers. But I've already thought of two great games that fit that...

Gazoinks

Mar 30, 2011
Newcomer to the site in general, but this seems pretty fun so I may enter if I can think of something to review.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Thaius said:
EDIT: What about a game where a plot twist involves the player character not being human? It would technically apply, but I feel like that might be cheating and putting people at risk of unwanted spoilers. But I've already thought of two great games that fit that...
I'd suggest you PM me. A lot of games seem to be on a case by case basis.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Gazoinks said:
Newcomer to the site in general, but this seems pretty fun so I may enter if I can think of something to review.
Welcome :)

We'd love it if you did. And I look forward to it if you do

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
This is my last day of internet connection until the 20th, and I just found this.

WELP. THIS SUCKS.

(But seriously guys, have fun! And please let me know when the next one starts!)

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Lord Krunk said:
This is my last day of internet connection until the 20th, and I just found this.

WELP. THIS SUCKS.

(But seriously guys, have fun! And please let me know when the next one starts!)
I'll accept a 20th submission, if you'll take a deduction of 2 points.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Lost In The Void said:
Pimppeter2 said:
Just a friendly nudge to get the word to any interested candidates.
STOP YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW
I used to violate the law, but then I took an arrow to the knee

* * * * *​

Just a friendly reminder, you have until tomorrow night to send your reviews.

SUBMIT YOUR REVIEW AS AN EMAIL TO [email protected] WHENEVER YOU'RE SATISFIED WITH IT, BUT DO SO NO LATER THAN 11:59PM (CENTRAL US) DECEMBER 17! NO LATE ENTRANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED!

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Reviews are due at midnight tonight.

Considering delaying competition due to lack of submissions. More information will be available soon.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
We're short on submissions. I guess we'll have to wait it out a bit.

Reviewers can feel free to resubmit or do more work on their reviews.

Now accepting reviews until Christmas Day.

Sorry for the delay folks.

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Sho, getting this up for any last-minute, hastily written pieces to be sent in. Also for any news on what happens now.