Review: We Happy Few

Skee

Dec 1, 2009
An interesting review scale. But if you're making the scale non-standard already, why restrict yourself to a single axis? Why not have two or three? Fun, Truth, Beauty? Or one constant axis, but two others chosen for the game, to express whatever most needs expressing about it.

I liked the review itself, too. I feel I learned something, though I'm not sure about what.
Score:
Review Scale: 7/10
Narrative analysis: B+
Helpfulness for purchasing decision: Mediocre

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
As soon as I read the part about rib-nudges and going "Get it, eh?", I thought of that Monty Python sketch with Eric Idle going "Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" Is Yahtzee right? Is there mostly Monty Python quotes for dialogue in this game?

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
Darth_Payn said:
As soon as I read the part about rib-nudges and going "Get it, eh?", I thought of that Monty Python sketch with Eric Idle going "Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?" Is Yahtzee right? Is there mostly Monty Python quotes for dialogue in this game?
There are a lot of them in there, sown in as incidental dialogue mostly. I tend to find that sort of thing annoying, but I found it inoffensive compared to the janky as hell bugs and AI. I'd say the review matches my own experience of the few hours I played (I still haven't even got into the main town though).