Review: World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

ChrisP.Lettuce

Jan 3, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
Really? Because the PvP in Wintergrasp is pretty fun. At least on beta, was sort of like the old TM/SS days, in that you went there just for the sake of PvP even when it wasn't up for grabs.
Good reviewage and I agree with pretty much everything you said. This whole expansion feels classic while adding new elements to the game.

Visually, WoW will always walk all over most other games for me for one reason: Animations. Never before or since have I seen such amazing realism in movement from such a vast array of creatures. In a free roam game when the hundreds of creatures you stumble across all move very realistically, it takes the edge off for the poor graphics. At least for me.

Who's seen the killer whales in Borean Tundra? Don't they look amazing?

toninoname

Nov 28, 2008
Nice review you got here though there are some parts I dont agree - Wrath of the Lich King is definitely one of the most grind intensive MMOs out in the market. I came across to www.wrathking.com and read nice review and updates of WoW's new expansion.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
ChrisP.Lettuce said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Really? Because the PvP in Wintergrasp is pretty fun. At least on beta, was sort of like the old TM/SS days, in that you went there just for the sake of PvP even when it wasn't up for grabs.
Good reviewage and I agree with pretty much everything you said. This whole expansion feels classic while adding new elements to the game.

Visually, WoW will always walk all over most other games for me for one reason: Animations. Never before or since have I seen such amazing realism in movement from such a vast array of creatures. In a free roam game when the hundreds of creatures you stumble across all move very realistically, it takes the edge off for the poor graphics. At least for me.

Who's seen the killer whales in Borean Tundra? Don't they look amazing?

Yup, they do look pretty awesome, I also like that wolves will attack the Shovelhorns for food, and the bull shovelhorns will have headbutting contests with each other, sure, it's all very superficial when you look too closely at it, but it's the small things that make a lot of difference.

As for the grind, to an extent, yes, it's still there, however, they've done a very good job in order to mix things up. And while there are plenty of fetch n' kill n' collect quests, there's also plenty of really interesting or just plain fun one's too, like helping a Reef Cow find a mate, becoming a gunner on an undead pirate ship, or fighting off a horde of gargoyles in a gyrocopter.