Reviving a Classic

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Sorry if this has been done to death but since Nintendos just pulled a few franchises from the vault I reckon it'd be fun so:

What old game do you think should get a rebirth? Like sequel/prequel/remake/rebirth whatever just a classic game thats due for a brand new outing.

I'd personally go with another Starfox thats an aerial fighter like 64 and the originals. Just no Slippy...

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
Crash Bandicoot.

I don't mean the most recent ones, where you could mindjack a monster or two to help out, I mean the original series for the PS1. Seriously, whatever happened to that francise? They had developed so many level designs, ways of navigating through said levels, and it was just such a fun game to play. I found them so enticing I'm sure I must have played Warped enough times to complete over two dozen play throughs.
Such a fun game, I'm sure it would be possible to release a new game through download, but a full game would make my year.

subtlefuge

Lord Cromulent
May 21, 2010
This has been done to death, but I don't hold it against you. I'll use this say the same thing I always say. We need another Mother/Earthbound game.

Edit: like your Starfox idea. Try having the team be Fox, Wolf, Falco, and Bill. That would kick ass.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Thurmer said:
Just no Slippy...
What was so bad about Slippy?

OT: The Mother series, without question. Also, the Ogre Battle series needs more games. I don't care if it is only somewhat old, it was fucking amazing.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Thurmer said:
Sorry if this has been done to death but since Nintendos just pulled a few franchises from the vault I reckon it'd be fun so:

What old game do you think should get a rebirth? Like sequel/prequel/remake/rebirth whatever just a classic game thats due for a brand new outing.

I'd personally go with another Starfox thats an aerial fighter like 64 and the originals. Just no Slippy...
X-COM and Starfox Adventures should both get new iterations.
I know about the new "X-Com" game, and boy does it look nothing like the old turn based strategy games of the 80's.

azncutthroat

May 13, 2009
I'd actually have to say Half Life 1. The plot was messy and ill-structured and map design could be streamlined.

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
Radeonx said:
Thurmer said:
Just no Slippy...
What was so bad about Slippy?

OT: The Mother series, without question. Also, the Ogre Battle series needs more games. I don't care if it is only somewhat old, it was fucking amazing.
Hell yes.
I loved Ogre Battle, it definitely needs a reboot.

HippySecond

Jun 11, 2008
Pac Man! they should make a TV show where he goes back to highschool and overcomes bullying and the racial prejudice of 'ghosts'! oh wait...

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Arkvoodle said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Donkey Kong Country making a return.
Already happening. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns]

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
Arkvoodle said:
I second this. I just hope it wouldn't go the way of the Super Mario Wii revival, I'd want it to retain the impossibility of the originals, just updated.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
hurfdurp said:
Arkvoodle said:
I second this. I just hope it wouldn't go the way of the Super Mario Wii revival, I'd want it to retain the impossibility of the originals, just updated.
e3 guys cmon get on it, already announced and its 2D! Yesssssss! Donkey Kong reboot make my e3, especially the music :p

Also I was thinking and thought of a few more gems:

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo Kazooie (no random building vehicle game, an actual Banjo Threeie)
and a new Kings Quest, they were great :p

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
Thurmer said:
hurfdurp said:
Arkvoodle said:
e3 guys cmon get on it, already announced and its 2D! Yesssssss! Donkey Kong reboot make my e3, especially the music :p

Also I was thinking and thought of a few more gems:

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo Kazooie (no random building vehicle game, an actual Banjo Threeie)
and a new Kings Quest, they were great :p
I thought I recalled hearing they were doing something with Donkey Kong, how nice! I agree, the music really makes those games, I have the soundtracks on my iPod :B. A new King's Quest seems highly unlikely at this point, but if there was to be another, I'd hope it would be in the same vein as the sixth and seventh one, they were amazing.