Revolutionary Info Dump Officially Heralds Assassin's Creed III

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
JaceValm said:
That trailer was the UK version, yes because that is going to go down GREAT with us Brits. The whole 'we escape slavery to fight for freedom' stuff will turn off a few people. Lots of people I know (avid fans of Assasins Creed, except maybe Revelations) either don't want to get it because they're wary of an anti-British sentiment.
Considering Ubisoft is French I find it hard to believe that no one over there in jolly old England didn't see it coming.

BristolBerserker

Aug 3, 2011
So Connor is half-British half-Mohawk and grew up in the Mohawk tribe. Strange that he is attacking the British because the Mohawk were allies of the British and fought against the revolutionaries and also the small fact that HE IS HALF-BRITISH! I reckon the reason he is fighting the Brits is because they attacked his village or something but I'm betting that it was actually the Americans who did it disguised as Brits. Or something like that.

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Y'know, nobody SAID he's just fighting the British, you British people. You could easily say that he was at that battle to kill Washington, but I guess you'll have to wait till the game comes out to find out for yourselves, just like the rest of us.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
itsausernamewhatofit said:
Alright, fair enough I guess it makes sense for Altair to be a Muslim at least at some point. The crux of the issue remains that an amputation would still be dangerous and incredibly uncomfortable whether you believe in a higher being or not and I could see why they would want to do away with the tradition. I'm not sure how the Muslim religion really factors into this other than the fact that he would have been from a place with medical practices that were advanced for their time. Also according to the lore of Assassin's Creed the assassins are spread across the globe thus many places would not have this level of understanding in medicine. I'm really not trying to argue with you here, I'm not sure there's really much for us to dispute at this point.
Yeah, no, I actually agree there. The only comment on it was that if one cauterized the wound (to stop the bleeding) it would also deal with most of the risk of infection. And, for the most part, we're talking about an era when infection was the single most dangerous health risk would be infection.

I wasn't talking about that clearly the Assassins would have better technology at hand automatically, but as a historical footnote, the medical technology, particularly where they're based in the first game would have been somewhat safer.

Though, in point of fact, I think lopping the finger off would have been a show of conviction, not of intelligence.

Anyway, I'm certainly not after an argument either, especially since we're mostly in agreement.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
This is pretty cool, a completely new setting is what the series needed. I've got nitpicks but they've already earned enough that I'm not going to voice them until after I've played the game.

This trailer did remind me though how empty and ridiculous war slogans are and the stuff in the American declaration of independence/constitution thing even emptier.

'We'll fight for you freedom... to keep slaves'

It's exactly as bad as when 300 came out and he decided that a militaristic country who actually didn't even know how to farm because they were too busy whipping slaves to do the farming for them, was the perfect allegory for western FREEEDDOM!!!!

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
Heeere we go again....
At least the time periods they used before were slightly less used - they couldn't have picked a more predictable over-used time....
I can already see the British being the bad guys.... again. And the heroes of freedom... again.

Maybe if we're lucky you'll actually get to pick a side or be neutral or something - see now that is something I'd like to see for once during the time period!
As long as it doesn't go into the over-patriotic 'oh look we're free and not slaves' crap again I don't really mind too much....

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Good god, can we at least wait a year before launching another game? This yearly installment crap is driving me nuts.
Well THIS one's been in development for the past 3 years. Brotherhood and Revelations were done by different teams. So it's yearly games with a twist.

GraveeKing said:
Heeere we go again....
At least the time periods they used before were slightly less used - they couldn't have picked a more predictable over-used time....
Name 10 games off the top of your head, with mainstream appeal, that were set primarily in the American Revolution.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
ImmortalDrifter said:
JaceValm said:
That trailer was the UK version, yes because that is going to go down GREAT with us Brits. The whole 'we escape slavery to fight for freedom' stuff will turn off a few people. Lots of people I know (avid fans of Assasins Creed, except maybe Revelations) either don't want to get it because they're wary of an anti-British sentiment.
Considering Ubisoft is French I find it hard to believe that no one over there in jolly old England didn't see it coming.
I had hoped they might rise above it. Though to be honest I do also hope that the French don't diminish their role in the war because they played a significant part i.e. securing victory.

When I said about the 'freedom or slavery' it is just a slogan people got behind. The disputes and leading to war were caused because the colonists and Brits were arguing over taxes, the colonists didn't want to pay any because they were not getting represented in parliament while the British believed that because of the cost of protecting the colonies taxes needed to be paid. Neither side backed down.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Besides, dude's already got that tomahawk, I don't think he would need both that and the finger blade...

I'm surprised I wasn't asked for my age to view this, since he totally shanked that guy's skull with his own bayonet before driving in the killshot with the rifle. That was gross and awesome.