Rhianna Pratchett Won't Be Part Of Mirror's Edge 2

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Speaking as someone who loves the game, the plot to the first Mirror's Edge wasn't exactly the greatest story ever told in the medium, and Tomb Raider wasn't fantastic either - in my opinion, of course.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
I get that she's attached to the character and all that, but there's just little to no part of the story that I remember. What mostly did it for me was the visual style and gameplay, not the "much oppression so rebellious" plot it had.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I'm not gonna lie; the story of Mirror's Edge was certainly one of the game's weakest aspects. As a string of set-pieces it worked fine, but the characters felt slightly one-note and the type of story the game tried to tell didn't match with the gameplay or setting.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
I can't really say anything of value was lost. None of the games Pratchett has written have ever gone above adequate in the narrative department. Mirror's Edge was especially weak, its story basically being a paper thin excuse to go leaping everywhere. She obviously has NOT inherited her father's talent as a writer

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
proghead said:
Erm, yeah... whatever...

I think ME2 should let you choose if you want to play in 1st or 3rd person view. Mostly because I'd like to play this from my couch (PC guy here) and doing that in 1st person is just shite. Either that, or build it in a way that you can play through it without having to fire a single shot.
3rd person, ew no. First person parkour action game was one of the selling points of the series to me. And you can go through the game without shooting anyone. In fact, it had an achievement for doing so.

As for the writer, the story was one of the weaker points of the game but that's more because the game is so short that there was hardly any to begin with. If that cut content thing above is true though then I can understand why it may have been weak.