Ride With Tony Hawk on November 17th

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005

The unholy fusion of the Tony Hawk series with the Wii Fit concept will skate into stores on November 17th in the States.

Tony Hawk: Ride, the game that attempts to recreate the fun of actually skateboarding (minus the broken bones bit - we hope) in the same way that Guitar Hero attempts to recreate the fun of actually being on stage at a rock concert, will be shipping to retailers November 17th in the United States, and in the U.K. and Germany on November 20th.

Ride, which lets players skate on a skateboard-esque peripheral - also known as a about an inch off the ground [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/92571-Tony-Hawk-Ride-Board-Is-Not-a-Peripheral-More-of-a-Platform] - will be retailing for a cool $120. A bit steep, but considering you'll likely be using the skateboard for Tony Hawk: Ride 2 through Tony Hawk: Ride 10, maybe not as bad a deal as it initially seems.

If you're in Germany for whatever reason (like, say, you live there) Tony Hawk: Ride will be present at GamesCom in Cologne, Germany from August 19 to August 23.

Ride will be released on all three current-gen consoles.

newguy77

Sep 28, 2008
ooooh, sorry. My limit of one game per day has already cancelled me from getting this. Also, the no exercise with a video game clause makes me have to swear this off. Oh, well.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Last I heard about this from E3 was that people who actually knew how to skateboard could make this work, but people who didn't could barely do an ollie. But in the cast of the first group, why bother playing on a plastic controller board when you can go outside?

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Rednog said:
Last I heard about this from E3 was that people who actually knew how to skateboard could make this work, but people who didn't could barely do an ollie. But in the cast of the first group, why bother playing on a plastic controller board when you can go outside?
Because who needs "outside" when you have Wi-Fi?

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
They'll definitely have a new peripheral for it. Think about how defective all the Rock Band and Guitar Hero stuff turned out to be. You don't think they'll attempt to figure out someway to fix that?

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
I thought this was coming out for the 360 and PS3 as well. I'd get it if it was for the 360 or PS3, but I don't have a Wii :[ If it works well, all the better.
CantFaketheFunk said:

Ride will be released on all three current-gen consoles.

There ya go.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Unfortunately, everytime I see that Skateboard all I can is see Microsoft making it obsolete within 10 minutes of its debut at E3 09 with Natal..