ridiculously hard to achieve weapons that are pointless.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Weapons that require you to go through idiotic lengths and ardous tasks only to find out their a pile of crap that falls apart after using it a few times.

mine is zhu rong the incendiary round firing pistol this sounded awesome and i went off hunting for it in which i almost got murdered on many occasions (murts mutant mod is a ***** seriously 45 ghouls in one hallway) i finally get the pistol and i was like "awww yea lets murderise some bitches" then using it i suddenly realise even though it shoots fire its worse than the chinese pistol and fire doesnt effect people unless its shot from a flamethrower.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
A little elaboration would help, I have no idea what game you are referring to or any games where finding weapons is a challenge (except TF2).

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
A little elaboration would help, I have no idea what game you are referring to or any games where finding weapons is a challenge (except TF2).
mainly rpg's and the like my example is from fallout 3

Valkyira

Mar 13, 2009
I know what you mean by the zhu rong pistol. Anyway mine is also on fallout 3, the reservists rifle. There is a dude in a church how has it along with an amazing aim. You have to shoot the gun out of his hand, grab it and return 3 days later to do the whole bloody thing again to get it in good condition. Then you realise its more or less the same as the normal sniper rifle.

Bendebec

Jun 18, 2009
The patriot gun in MGS4, infinite ammo and high powered SMG and plays the snake eater tune when used. But you have to complete the game perfectly (No alerts, >5 hours, no healing items, no kills, no deaths, hardest difficulty where you can't buy non-leathal ammo) But you can get better perks throughout the game, like a item which gives you infinite ammo with all guns, which renders the partiot pointless, and a perfect stealth rating. It's too much work for too little payback

coakroach

Jun 8, 2008
Bendebec said:
The patriot gun in MGS4, infinite ammo and high powered SMG and plays the snake eater tune when used. But you have to complete the game perfectly (No alerts, >5 hours, no healing items, no kills, no deaths, hardest difficulty where you can't buy non-leathal ammo) But you can get better perks throughout the game, like a item which gives you infinite ammo with all guns, which renders the partiot pointless, and a perfect stealth rating. It's too much work for too little payback
Or use the cheat ^^

Lord Ferrok

Jun 20, 2009
The zhu-rong is so terrible. It's a good idea, but when you have to go through all the super mutants in DC, and then a building full of robots to get a pistol that does 2 damage...

In my opinion, the MIRV. I could never bring myself to use it. It felt like such a waste, and when I did use it once, I killed myself with it. So I left it around Megaton for someone else to find.

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
The requisite Ultima Weapon/Excalibur/Ragnarok in pretty much every swords'n'magic RPG ever. It's not that it's not a great weapon. Usually it's the strongest weapon you can get for your team leader, and it far outstrips every other weapon in the game. It's just that it's usually guarded by some huge, eight-headed beastie who's stronger than the Final Boss. If you can beat that beastie, it pretty much proves that you're the best around (no one's gonna ever bring you down). What use could you possibly have for a sword that's 50 ATK/STR points stronger if the strongest monster in the world still doesn't pose a challenge?

captainwillies

Feb 17, 2008
i think the name is the "Harbindger" its that sword in the stone in fable 1. the easiest way to pull it out is to max all the stats in strength and by then the game is almost over and it only gives 180 damage, plus most common hammers do 214. :(

it would have been better if it was peared with a mission or some kind of mini boss.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
I know what you mean by the zhu rong pistol. Anyway mine is also on fallout 3, the reservists rifle. There is a dude in a church how has it along with an amazing aim. You have to shoot the gun out of his hand, grab it and return 3 days later to do the whole bloody thing again to get it in good condition. Then you realise its more or less the same as the normal sniper rifle.
When I shot him I blew his head off, and it landed on the ground, so I just "searched" his head and got it that way :) Although it has the same damage, it has better chance to crit., is more durable, and costs less to fire in VATS, according to FalloutWiki.

I would have to say that the suppressed .22 Pistol in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. You sneak around some Japanese castle surrounded by guards, bypass alarms, go through secret doors to get to some museum place where it is being exhibited, then when ya finally get it you find out it takes about 2 magazines worth of bullets in the head to disable a guard ¬_¬

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
The Biggoron's sword.
I deleted those memories from my mind because I seriously can't fathom how much I had to struggle and how many days (both in game and out game) passed until I got it.

Also...

The wooden sword from Ninja Gaiden Black. Honestly, I've upgraded it to level 6 considering that by now some change would've happened, and by God if it doesn't become Satan's soul reaper by the end I will start to eat souls

Zayren

Dec 5, 2008
Any Infinity Plus One Sword in any game, pretty much. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfinityPlusOneSword

For me, I have to say the ultimate weapons in basically any Final Fantasy, but 10 was the worst. Ugh.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
thisnameistaken2 said:
Wadders said:
Pr0 InSaNiTy said:
When I shot him I blew his head off, and it landed on the ground, so I just "searched" his head and got it that way :) Although it has the same damage, it has better chance to crit., is more durable, and costs less to fire in VATS, according to FalloutWiki.

I would have to say that the suppressed .22 Pistol in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. You sneak around some Japanese castle surrounded by guards, bypass alarms, go through secret doors to get to some museum place where it is being exhibited, then when ya finally get it you find out it takes about 2 magazines worth of bullets in the head to disable a guard ¬_¬
Is that the sumo dude?

He pissed me off, i murdered that sad with a sword IT TOOK 10 MINUTES FOR HIM TO FALL FROM THE POISON.. SERIOUSLY
Nah, I think that Sumo guy was in the third Hitman game, Contracts.
But yeah he was one tough sonofabitch, I gave up trying to kill him in a sneaky way, and just ended up filling him full of AK bullets, though that took bloody long enough...

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Zayren said:
Any Infinity Plus One Sword in any game, pretty much. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfinityPlusOneSword
Blast, I was going to use that link (or one very much like it).

I'd say any weapon in Fable 2 and the Dragon sword in Dues Ex: IW.

The Splage

Jun 10, 2009
delta4062 said:
The PRL 412 Cannon in Re4
complete waste of space and no need once you have the Chicago Typewriter,Inf RL and Handcannon...
I'd actually say The Matillda also from RE4 on the basis that you had to finish the game and it was sooo rubbish. Red 9 FTW!!!

orangebandguy

Elite Member
Jan 9, 2009
I prefer the normal USMC rifle in Battlefield 2 instead of the M95 Barrett rifle. The crosshair is too thick for long range headshots.