Ridiculously Pretentious Names in Games

BillyShakes

Oct 29, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
People who use xXx in their name are often straight edge (sXe) and xXx is a symbol of that. The same applies to a lot of people who put x[name]x in their name.
Listen, you're trying to make 13 year-olds look intelligent.
You're going to have to make a hell of a case more than that.

Editos

Sep 14, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:
People who use xXx in their name are often straight edge (sXe) and xXx is a symbol of that. The same applies to a lot of people who put x[name]x in their name.
I would guess that about one in a billion people with xXx in their tag are straight edge.

The rest are whiny prepubescent kids.

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Oh, anything that isn't written properly. It's funny how people try to be unique by using capital letters in the wrong places, non-standard letters, numerals and other abominations, when it's actually more unique to see an username that is properly written.

In what kind of mind does a nick like "" seem better than just "Shadow Wolf" anyway?

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
Axeli said:
Oh, anything that isn't written properly. It's funny how people try to be unique by using capital letters in the wrong places, non-standard letters, numerals and other abominations, when it's actually more unique to see an username that is properly written.

In what kind of mind does a nick like "" seem better than just "Shadow Wolf" anyway?
In the mind of a 12-year-old idiot.

GoldenCondor

May 6, 2009
Not that this pisses me off, but it can get hard to read sometimes, so I just call whoever had the long, weird name "******" and they know that i'm referring to them.

I have one exception to this, and it's the name I use on some sites, "ALthEiXm", because it is a combination of my name (Alex) and atheism. It does not roll off the tounge though, but at least there's a reason for it.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
xXxXSniperKillazXxXx

You mean like that? Yea, I hate those people. So unnecessary.

Why not just Sniper Killer?

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
Axeli said:

In the mind of a 12-year-old idiot.
In the mind of someone who couldn't get the original name. :p

(Sorry about the Double Post.)

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
I think they should remove the letter X from the alphabet on Live. the only exception to the rule is one person who's gamertag was simply "X" That guy needs a medal.

ToastBuster

May 26, 2009
what about the Names that try to come off as cool but end up being lame and cheesy like this one guy I saw who's name was DoomFlame. Made my day...

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I hate that too. I like to screw with them, though, and say every letter in their name. It pisses them off so much. XD

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I use Xs and Zs a lot in my usernames but only because it's something a bit unusual :)
Just things like Dezimo or mainly Dexiro, i don't think they're too bad.

I never understood people with long strings of random numbers like "98312" or an unpronouncable sequence of letters like "xXoO>>ZQTR" or whatever xD
They just make the username less memorable and harder to read.
For that matter random capital letters only ever made a name harder to read as well :/

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
I'll admit to having an x at the beginning of my Xbox Live gamertag, but it's because the name without it was taken, and I picked x because I was on my Xbox, not for some lame association with sXe or whatever the hell it is.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
MurderousToaster said:
Pretentious
"characterized by assumption of dignity or importance"
Oh I know what it means. I just think that ostentatious is a better choice:
"Intended to attract notice and impress others"

I don't think these guys are trying to be original, or seem important, but are trying to attract notice and impress people.
But that's me. I suppose pretentious works, though.

StigmataDiaboli

May 18, 2009
I generaly hate anyone online with L33T or SNIPER in their name. Mainly because they are either crap or campers. Or both.