Riding Unicorns

Blue Hero

Aug 6, 2011
I'll be watching it tomorrow at 8am on Boomerang.

I will also be watching Regular Show at 7:15pm on Cartoon Network.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
ninonybox360 said:
In all seriousness though, the writing is good, story's are engaging, characters well rounded, its funny, and it has a ton of fan input.
I'm sorry but why is it that every pony pic is oversized, did people on the internet suddenly forget to learn how to resize images when MLP came out?
Seriously, gif avatars on this site got capped hard, yet pony fans get post huge pics like this with impunity?
This is one of the reasons people on the site don't like MLP fans, too many pony pics and the pics are way too damn big.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
Rednog said:
ninonybox360 said:

In all seriousness though, the writing is good, story's are engaging, characters well rounded, its funny, and it has a ton of fan input.
I'm sorry but why is it that every pony pic is oversized, did people on the internet suddenly forget to learn how to resize images when MLP came out?
Seriously, gif avatars on this site got capped hard, yet pony fans get post huge pics like this with impunity?
This is one of the reasons people on the site don't like MLP fans, too many pony pics and the pics are way too damn big.
At least when I try to post pictures I at least hide them with a

And that was the only thing I was warning against!

OT: The show is actually quite fun. Just try a few episodes (As usual, the first couple in a series aren't really up to snuff with the rest of the show, but they do introduce the characters, so its good to watch them, but don't judge the show by them (Until at least episode 5)).

trollax

Aug 1, 2011
I'll put my input in by saying
I hate the whole show and fanbase but thats my input but you may not hate it

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
There's no harm in giving FiM a try. Your typical episode is only twenty minutes long. You may like it or you may not, but at least you can say you gave it a shot.

(oh crap, I just pulled a Zecora there, didn't I?)

Personally I enjoy the show. The animation's pretty slick given what they have to work with (Flash and a shoestring budget), the characters are genuinely likeable, the songs are catchy as hell, and there's lots of subtle references to pop culture and internet memes. But that's just me.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Rednog said:
One oversized image in the thread and you start railing against everyone who likes the show? You don't think thats a bit petty?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Aidinthel said:
Rednog said:
One oversized image in the thread and you start railing against everyone who likes the show? You don't think thats a bit petty?
It happens a lot with pony images, and I'm just stating that it is one of the reasons people are against pony fans, I'm not calling people to arms. I'm just saying that it is one of the problems and some fans need to realize that.

Ninonybox_v1legacy

Apr 2, 2008
Rednog said:
Aidinthel said:
Rednog said:
It happens a lot with pony images, and I'm just stating that it is one of the reasons people are against pony fans, I'm not calling people to arms. I'm just saying that it is one of the problems and some fans need to realize that.
I highly doubt that, and I fixed it. I was not to sure what counted as to big, i had my suspensions though. But Im sure that's not a main reason for the hate.

Jun 11, 2009
I think you should give it a fair chance to present itself, just like anything else you're curious about.

If you do decide to give it a try, there are a few things you should know:

The pilot episodes are not really bad, it's just that they're different from the rest of the show. The pilots are more about adventurous stuff (evil moon-goddesses, giant rainbow lasers made out of friendship and magic, fighting manticores, etc.) than the majority of the regular episodes. They're also a bit more dry because they need to set up the characters and setting. The regular episodes tend to focus more on humour, character, and slapstick.

I would also recommend watching up until episode 5 or 6 before deciding whether or not you like it. The first 3 episodes are kind of rocky (the two pilots being different, and the third having a plot you've seen in every children's show ever), but they take a dramatic upshot in quality after that.

You could also have a gander at some of the better fanfiction, fanart, and fan music that the show has produced. Some is is really quite astounding.