RIFT VIP Key Giveaway

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Xzi said:
On story: so we can agree that no matter how poor wow's doing, Rift is horribly inferior in terms of writing. 'kay, glad we got that cleared up.
Nope, I disagree with that as well. WoW's writing has been terrible from the very beginning, and has just gotten worse as time has gone on. Again, Warcraft story = good. WoW story = trash. RIFT story = EQUAL amount of trash. Just equal. Neither is any less or more trashy than the other in terms of story, or lack thereof, as the case is here.
WoWs narrative in the quests was pretty good, and I'd say it was probably better than Rifts. Although back then there was incentive to read the quests as it was the source of information about where to go, now it's just a case of following the quest markers.

In terms of overall story though it's still early days, the opening for Rift is equal to WoW's character openings, but in terms of lore I'm still in the dark.

stardrag

Feb 2, 2011
Hmm...I activated the code thing, and it said I have Vip status and everything, but when I go to account management, it says I haven't been invited yet. So, I'm supposed to wait a few days or something?

Susurrant

Nov 13, 2009
stardrag said:
Hmm...I activated the code thing, and it said I have Vip status and everything, but when I go to account management, it says I haven't been invited yet. So, I'm supposed to wait a few days or something?
They haven't sent out invites to the next beta event yet.

stardrag

Feb 2, 2011
So when they send out the invite, they'll also send me a link directing me to a place where I can download the game?

Dorkamongus

Jan 11, 2011
Ooh thanks!

I get bored of most MMOs pretty fast, so beta testing is the best way for me to try out a new one without having to pay for it.

haruvister

Jun 4, 2008
I only played this game for an hour or so, but it didn't seem to do anything new at all. I realise that some may argue that it takes the best bits from other MMOs and refines them, or something, but if that's the case then Trion could at least offer a unique environment.

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Unfortunately I can't play this beta because there's now some sort of problem with Virgin Media and the game, a lot of people are getting a constant 3k+ latency including me =(

That won't stop me avoiding work though.