"Rigor Mortis"-The life after death RP(Started/PM for participation)-Arc 4: Closing Loose Ends

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
The environment swirled before his eyes as Frank came into focus. Adrian's eyebrows furrowed as the smoking man extended a hand down to his level. He took it as a signal of unwelcomed pity. Adrian was determined not to show Frank any sort of weakness even though he was still dizzied by his encounter with the red banshee.

He staggered to his feet, rising right past Frank's gesture. His balance was wobbly but he kept his feet underneath him as he stood. Adrian only made it a couple steps before he needed to steady his body against one of walls with the palm of his hand. With a slight turn of the neck, he glared at Frank out of the corner of his eye.

"I hope you people can sleep at night," he panted. Nothing more needed be said. The sharp bite in his voice was enough to convey his displeasure more than words ever could.

He stiffly removed himself from The Tartaros Pit before any more dialog could occur. The crowd around the accident had started to disperse and resume their banal shopping sprees. None of them would ever understand the full extent of what had transpired at the mall today. They would go back to being lost in a world of tiny problems and trivial concerns.

Adrian envied them. He envied the simplicity of his former self.

He reached the door to the outside of the mall and beheld the strange sight of the accident. Between the blood stains on the face of the older gentleman and the out-of-place cheeriness of the woman, it could have seemed like Adrian had stepped into some sort of terribly cheesy exploitation film. But he knew better now. This was his reality.

His eyes followed Alice for a time, ignoring all else around. She was truly a fascinating being in all the wrong ways. The ordeal she had just forced him to suffer was unlike anything Adrian would have even dreamed possible. The very sight of her filled him with confusion.

Part of him loathed her...but another part almost needed to know what made her tick.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
After introducing himself to the two, Klaus noticed that they were already exhausted from the car crash. He let go of his cane and walked over to both of them and moved his hands to the sides. In a quick movement, his muscles expanded. Without letting out a yell or bleeding out, his upper torso and legs became visibly thicker. He grabbed both of the youngsters and held them both on his shoulders, swiftly carrying them to the inside of the shop. He passed through the stunned Adrian and gently placed them against the shop's wall. He bent down and took a deep breath. All of his muscle mass had disappeared, leaving him again in the body of an elderly gentleman, shouting at Frank and asking him to fetch him his cane.

Alice walked to the two victims and placed her hands over them. They began to scream as they wounds were opened again and blood began to pour out. The boy shouted out for his mother but she couldn't reach him. Alice reached for the woman's purse and called an Ambulance with her cell phone.

Frank walked up to Adrian and placed his hand over his shoulder. "I think you have a gift, Adrian. I think you can control life-", Frank's sentence was cut as Klaus asked him to bring his cane. Frank nodded and walked to the parking lot in time to witness Alice injure the two saved car crash victims yet again.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
"Well... what do you say after that I suppose. That wasn't just a hiccup in the plan, that was full blown tuberculosis."

Ben leaned his head back onto the seat.

"Now, I know you guys want to ask me questions and scream at me because of the deception. So shoot. Oh, and Toots," Ben looked at Evey, "No hitting below the waist."

Ben sat back ready to field their questions. They needed to stop concentrating on the others, else it consume them with guilt. He didn't feel it himself, but there was a good chance that they did.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
'Where am I?'

Slowly, Marcus became more and more aware of his surroundings. He was lying down on something wet and uncomfortable, with the smell of sea water filling his lungs. He opened his eyes to find himself looking up at a grey, cloudy sky. Turning his head, he saw that he was lying spread-eagled on a pebble beach, with the shoreline little more than a few meters away. Groggily pushing himself up into a sitting position, Marcus did his best to piece together the events before he had blacked out. He raised his hand and touched his lips with the tips of his fingers. Marcus smiled. It had been a long time since he'd allowed his mind to wander back to that place...

"I was beginning to think you'd broken your promise."

Marcus, only half surprised, turned his head to see Naomi standing there.

"Could you, for once, give some prior warning instead of just sneaking up on me?" Marcus asked.

"Hey, it was you that brought me here. Does this really look like my kind of place to you?"

She was dressed in her old bike leathers, with her long black hair floating behind her in the breeze. She came down and sat next to Marcus with her knees tucked in close to her chest, shivering a little from the cold.

"What is this place?" Marcus inquired.

"We're inside your head." Naomi replied with a sardonic smile "Bleak, isn't it?"

Marcus didn't have a reply, so he stayed silent.

"Oh don't look so sour." she said, nudging his shoulder. "It's not all bad. Just here in particular."

"Why are you here?"

"This is where you put me. It's where you put all the things that hurt you. So you can forget about them, or just act like they never mattered to you in the first place."

Marcus paused. "I'm sorry."

"Why should you be? It's not like you did anything wrong. Things just turn out this way sometimes."

"Not for me. I really thought that this time round, I'd..."

"What?" she cut him off "That you'd ride of into the sunset and live happily ever after, when we were both still kids? I never had you down as a dreamer Marcus."

"Well, when you say it like that it just sounds stupid." Marcus replied, grinning a little.

Naomi smiled back. "Happy Birthday by the way."

Marcus had completely forgotten. Recent events had pushed the thought of it completely out of his mind. He was twenty five today.

"Thanks." he said softly, taking her hand in his. It had been far too long since he'd felt the softness of her skin.

Naomi responded with a kiss. "I couldn't exactly get you anything. You know, being inside your head and all..."

Marcus laughed, but beyond that he couldn't think of anything else to say.

After a while Naomi broke the silence. "So, isn't it about time you found someone else. I mean, besides the whole Skank of the Week thing you've had going on recently."

Marcus glanced at her, a little embarrassed by her frankness about the subject, like a child caught in wrong-doing. "Is that really what you want to talk about right now?"

"We haven't got a lot of time left," She told him "and I figured I should probably knock some sense into you before I go."

"Naomi, I'm legally dead. The best existence I can hope for is to be a glorified mercenary for the rest of my life. You really think that's a good idea? Besides, how many more people am I supposed to leave here, like I did with you?"

"Marcus, did I not teach you anything?" She sounded a little disappointed, "Nothing lasts forever, but that doesn't mean you're better off having nothing to lose."

With that, she walked away. Marcus watched her retreat into the mist, leaving him alone with with the gentle sound of the waves.

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
What they just went through made Spencer completely forget about Ben's deceit. If he hadn't brought it up, who knows how much it would have taken until Spencer remembered it again.

"Well, whatever that was, it's not our problem anymore. They can handle it. I doubt Frank and Alice would go through all the trouble of resurrecting us just to kill us. And you know what? I don't really feel like asking you anything. I don't even want to yell at you. You are the one who said we should work together and cooperate with each other, and if you don't tell us the truth, I will find a cliff or a pier and drive this thing off it just to see you die again."

Spencer couldn't remember the last time he was so infuriated without even trying to hide it. It couldn't have been just Ben lying about his identity. Maybe it was the death. Maybe it was too many questions and not enough answers. Maybe it was just feeling inhuman, isolated from the rest of the world. At this point, the only thing he was certain about was that he wanted the truth.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
"I think you are confusing the idea of an alias with a lie, Spencer. What is a name- something that gives people reference to another person. A name like a piece of clothing, you can take one off and change it depending on the situation. My legally given name is Benjamin Debue, yet you knew me as Brendan. Does that change who I am? No, it doesn't change anything, except you now have a second reference in which you can call me. I never once lied to you, I changed my name because I didn't trust you. I had just died and was meeting with several strange people that I knew nothing about. So a new name was needed, just in case one of you wanted to find out about my past. So what if you knew me as Brendan. I still am who I am, I didn't change my personality. I have concealed, but never once did I lie. My identity remains unchanged, and what you have learned of me hasn't changed either. You now have a different way to reference me."

Ben looked at Spencer with cold emotionless eyes.

"That's my spiel. And never threaten me with death again."

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
As hard as he tried, Spencer couldn't find any faults with Ben's explanation. Paranoia was a completely justified feeling, especially in their situation, but that still didn't make him any more trusting of him. His name was now the only certain truth, and everything else could be pure fabrication.

"Just in case one of you wanted to find out about my past."

There was something about that statement that made Spencer wonder. What could this man have done to feel the need to "conceal" his identity?

He kept his eyes focused on the road, but he noticed Ben staring at him. If he were still alive, he might have been afraid of his threat. But he had already experienced the darkness, and nothing else could compare to that. Brushing off Ben's last statement, Spencer kept quiet for the remainder of the trip.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Adrian's body tensed up as he felt Frank's touch on his shoulder. He didn't like the unwelcome contact but he didn't shy away from the smoking man's hand. When Frank spoke, Adrian recoiled slightly in surprise and confusion.

"I think you have a gift, Adrian. I think you can control life-"

His sentence was interrupted before the thought could be finished. Frank moved off to assist Klaus after his display of strength, leaving Adrian with nothing but questions.

Gift? Controlling life?

Adrian had heard about the surfacing powers that the others had exhibited and seen the feats exhibited by Frank and Alice. But the thought of having some sort of ability himself? He had considered the possibility but he couldn't fully bring himself to believe that he had any sort of power.

And what had Frank meant? What exactly was it that he thought Adrian could control? How would controlling life...or whatever...even be possible?

He shuddered when he saw Alice wound the two people near the wrecked car. However, now was not the time to invoke an encounter with these beings so much more powerful than himself. Now was the time to get away from the mall.

Both Mira and Marcus were unconscious and needed to be taken back to the apartment. He looked between the two and shook his head.

"How am I going to drag these two back to the car?"

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Klaus managed to sit on a stool nearby and lean on the wall. He watched Adrian standing over his two comrades and remained silent. Frank had taken his cane and walked to Alice. "Jolie Rouge likes you, boy", Klaus spoke to Adrian. "Don't resist. You would make it much easier", Klaus said and looked back at the pair walking to the mall.

"Teach the boy", Frank told Alice, "I want to see how far he can go". Alice turned around, her hands covered in blood. She smiled at Frank and said happily, "Of course I will!". Alice walked to the mall and away from the two bleeding victims. Frank followed Alice and they both entered the shop.

"Adrian", Alice raised her hands in the air and smiled, "Lets see what you can do". Frank stood at the entrance and exchanged glances with Klaus. They both knew that Alice was stepping out of bounds. They both knew Alice was hurting Frank yet again. But it didn't matter now. All that matters is to stay alive and do your job. Do what you are told.

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
The rest of the trip back to the apartment was quiet. Neither Evey nor Spencer had spoken. When they finally reached the apartment, Ben hopped out of the truck and opened the back. He grabbed one of the cots and started heading up, to the apartment, knowing that Evey and Spencer were behind him. Once they fully unloaded the truck Ben turned to Spencer.

"You should go drop the truck back off. We don't want them to report a missing truck, just to find that the driver is legally dead. We're not going anywhere, we'll just get started getting everything set up."

With that, Ben grabbed the fridge and started looking for an outlet to plug it in with.

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
Spencer thought about the incident at the mall as he was driving to the rental. Whatever it was, it should keep the others busy for a short while. He turned around and left for another location.

The house he grew up in was a small family home on the other side of town. Despite the fact that the street was comprised of a row of almost completely identical houses, he could always recognize his own, even from afar. The reason for that was the unmistakeable green door which was so ridiculously out of place with the rest of the house. But what he was looking at now wasn't the home he remembered.

The windows of the house were now covered with black curtains. The lawn was untrimmed, the lights were off, and nobody seemed to be home. There were some flowers on the porch, probably from the neighbors. Spencer parked the U-Haul across the street, not to get too close.

Dead men tell no tales.

He sat in the truck watching the house for about thirty minutes, but nobody went in or out. Not wanting to put his family in danger, he left before he succumbed to his desire to knock on the door.

By the time he returned the truck and got back to the apartment, all of the appliances were already set up.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Everyone was talking so fast. Adrian wasn't fully able to grasp what they were asking him to do.

Don't resist?

How far I can go?

Let's see what I can do?

It was all too much. Adrian was overwhelmed by the statements and demands being made by those standing around him. He didn't even know if he fully believed he even possessed a power. Now they were asking him to use it just like that?

"I don't even know how to start..." he mumbled quietly as he flattened his palm and pointed his arm at his unconscious roommates. He tried to strain his mind, making the bodies placed before him move in some manner. His jaw clenched and his mind began to sting from the amount of concentration, but no movement was achieved.

After about fifteen seconds of this, Adrian's hand dejectedly fell to his side.

"I don't think I can do this."

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
"That took a long time, considering the U-Haul is just down the street. What happened?" Ben asked as Spencer walked into the door.

They had gotten all the appliances set up, as well as the cots fairly quickly. They had put one cot in the bedroom, and another in the living room- where Ben was laying down at the moment.

"Most of the fridge and freezer chemicals spoiled, but I was able to save some MS222. So yeah, don't consume it, it's an anesthetic, and a bit of a carcinogen. It's sealed though, so you don't really have to worry about it too much either, just don't use it as a spice on food."

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Alice stood behind Adrian and moved her hands around his waist, warmly embracing him from behind. The peculiar feeling that Adrian experience stood in great contrast to the fear that overtook him earlier. She rested her head over his shoulder and whispered in his ear.

"Think thoughts of me... Of us... Of love. You will penetrate their bodies like in your mind and you will move them like puppets", Alice whispered in his ear. Frank was visibly unconfortable seeing Alice caress Adrian.

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
"I went for a drive."

As soon as he heard the blatantly obvious lie that came out of his mouth he felt like a hypocrite. Didn't he give Ben a whole speech for lying just a short while ago?

He took a deep breath and slumped onto the couch, hoping they weren't being listened to as they had earlier suspected.

"I didn't go for a drive. I went back to my house. It looked like nobody was there, so I just... waited. I waited until I couldn't trust myself not to knock on the door anymore, and then I left."

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
"Your parents mean a lot to you huh? Can't say I feel the same way, I was the forgotten child. The second of three. They doted on my older brother, who had a keen eye for business and sports, and they loved my younger sister, as she was their only daughter. So there I was, left in the middle- intelligent, sure- but my appearance is bland, I don't really have much in the way of athletic skill, and I never really stood out. I had high grades, but they didn't stand out, I wasn't top of my class. So I fell into more or less obscurity. Oh, they gave me money, and took me on trips, but they loved me the least. Then there were my fellow students..."

Ben fell quiet and closed his eyes.

===========================================================================================================

"Well, well, well, if it isn't little Benjie" David said, standing foremost among the group, "Why d'ya have to show us up in class all the time huh? You wanna' make us look stupid?"

Ben looked at the bully, he had a good three inches on him, and was probably a good ten or twenty pounds heavier than Ben.

"I didn't think that I needed to speak in order to make yourself look like an idiot David. A neanderthal is probably an evolutionary step up from you."

Ben winced as he said the words. He needed to control his tongue better. What he said was going to guarantee to enrage the bully and his friends.

"ASSHOLE!"David yelled and advanced on Ben, his cohorts running in front of him in order to grab the smaller boy. Ben turned heel and ran, he knew it was futile, David's friends were more athletic than him, but Ben had to try.

Sure enough, two of David's friends- Nicholas and Justin- managed to grab and restrain him. David walked up to Ben.

"You're gonna pay for what you said." the bully spat in Ben's face. David rammed a fist into Ben's chest, and a more followed.

By the time they were done, Ben was left a bruised, bloody and sobbing mass of quivering flesh. The bullies grabbed his knapsack containing the day's homework, and left him.

When Ben finally managed to get home, his mother worried over him, treating his wounds. But it was too late, Ben had already lost something that couldn't be reclaimed. A cold, hard rage glimmered in his eye, unnoticed by his mother.

Ben was only thirteen at the time.

===========================================================================================================

Ben shook his head and dispelled the memory. He had never opened up to someone like this before.

He focused on Spencer.

"So what's your story?"

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
"Think thoughts of me... Of us... Of love."

Adrian closed his eyes as he felt the woman's soft hands dance across the form of his body. Her blatant advances had initially made him uncomfortable but the words that the old man had spoken to him before suddenly hung in his mind.

"Don't resist. You would make it much easier."

No. I won't resist. I will harness.

As the sensual instructions were whispered into his ear, his mind drifted back to a simpler time. A happier time.

[hr]

"I don't want to be anywhere else," the girl whispered into his ear. He looked back over his shoulder and gazed into her beautiful watery eyes. The snow fell silently around them, putting a cold white blanket over the earth. Adrian couldn't help but smile at her as she attempted not to shiver against the chilled air that hung around the couple. He pivoted his body to face her and wrapped his arms gently around her hips.

"Are you sure?" he chuckled. "It looks like you would rather be inside."

The girl smiled sweetly and raised her body to peck the boy on the lips.

"Maybe...but you're out here. This is where I want to be."

A warm feeling spread through Adrian's body as those words passed through her mouth. He had never expected to find a love like this. He was just a simple graduate student who was struggling to pay all of his bills on time. What had he done to deserve a girl as perfect as Alice?

Wait.

No...that isn't right. Her name wasn't Alice.

He took her hand in his own and walked with her for a while. Adrian had always felt more comfortable outdoors and had been excited to share his passion with someone he could be passionate about. The uniformed crunch of the snow underneath their feet seemed both profound and soothing to the young man. He couldn't help but steal a glance at his infatuation every couple of steps. The butterflies in his stomach were aflutter from simply being in her presence and having her walking beside him.

Before too long they were back in his apartment, locked in each other's arms like tomorrow would never come. In all honesty, Adrian always wished the nights he had with Alice would never end.

Not Alice. Her name wasn't Alice!

But what was it?

The two laid together in bed, both satisfied by their current lot in life. Adrian looked upon the beautiful form of the girl as his thoughts drifted back to ancient works of art. Were this an ancient age, Adrian fully believed that this woman would have been immortalized in marble. Her cheeks were flushed and her body was positively glowing in the dim light of the cinnamon scented candle that was burning to its end on the nightstands.

She looked back at him with those luscious hazel eyes and spoke the four words that he had never expected to hear in all of his life.

"Adrian, I love you."

"I love you too, Alice."

DAMMIT! MY WIFE'S NAME WASN'T ALICE!

[hr]

As he drifted back into memories of a life long left behind, Adrian wistfully lifted his hand back into the air and started again. This time, there was no straining to make the unconscious people lying before him move. Adrian merely felt.

And what a feeling that Adrian was able to experience when he let go. He was suddenly aware of a surging energy that seemed to crackle from every living person around him. Every action that the masses engaged in seemed fueled by this invisible power that filled their bodies and coursed through the outside world.

Mira and Marcus sat before him, emitting an energy far more powerful than the innocents who had gone back to their shopping outside of the store. As Adrian moved his hand, he noticed that the force seemed to move subtlety with his motions as he saw fit. More interestingly, their bodies seemed to move based on how he interfered with that energy.

Suddenly, it began to make sense. Everything that Frank had said and Alice had done began to click in his mind.

He rose his hands, a conductor before his orchestra. As he did this, the energy within the bodies of Mira and Marcus shifted, causing them to awkwardly rise to their feet before him. A slightly satisfied smile curved over Adrian's face as the possibilities and implications of this power rose to meet him.

Maybe these people won't always be out of my reach.

"I'm ok with this."

Adrian looked back at Alice, still latched onto him from behind. He smiled victoriously.

"I'm going to take these two back to the car and get them out of here. I'm certain I'll be seeing the rest of you again before too long."

Generic_Username

Dec 16, 2010
Spencer sighed.

"Happy marriage, two children. My sister's the smart one, though. From spelling bees to straight A's to award-winning essays. She's in med school right now, and everyone's got so much hope for her. I on the other hand was just... regular. But it was never an issue among us. You know... just a typical suburban family."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spencer quietly poked the food in front of him with his fork. As hard as he tried, he couldn't bring himself to eat right now.

The square wooden dinner table had place for exactly four seats. It was the place for the Kane family to relax after a long day. Share stories. Laugh. On this particular day, however, if someone were to walk in, they'd think the Kanes were the poster family for dysfunctionality. The silence was deafening, and you could cut the tension with a knife. The pictures on the fireplace seemed to depict a whole other family.

"Pass me the salt, dear."

Lauren Kane seemed satisfied with the situation. For her, it was... different than usual, but it was something she would deal with in her own way. Her husband Anthony quietly reached over the empty seat and passed her the shaker. The seat where Melanie usually sat.

"So we're not even going to talk about it?"

"Spencer, honey, eat your peas."

Lauren quietly placed the shaker on the table, as if trying not to wake someone. Spencer vigorously stabbed a pea, scratching the plate with the fork as he did so. His mother shivered at the noise.

"Right. Because everything goes away if you ignore it, right? It's not going to go away. You can pretend it didn't happen, but we all know it did. The neighbors saw the ambulance."

"Spencer, listen to your mother. Eat your food."

"How can you be ignoring this?" He was having enough of the charade. He knew his family was afraid of problems. Their philosophy was "If we don't mention it, it never happened." He knew it was wrong, and he was slowly becoming more and more sick of the whole thing.

"Spencer, this is neither the time--"

Spencer stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

"Your daughter tried to kill herself, and you're discussing peas!?"

Lauren dropped her fork on the word "kill". It ricocheted off the table and fell to the tiled floor with a loud clank. Nobody spoke up.

Spencer's hands were shaking. He took a deep breath and walked away from the table, leaving his parents in utter silence.

Just a typical suburban family.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And yeah. I guess my parents do mean a lot to me."

He couldn't look Ben in the eye while saying that.

Link_to_Future

Good Dog. Best Friend.
Nov 19, 2009
Adrian strode through the mall with both Mira and Marcus flanking from either side. The trio were likely quite the sight be behold. Adrian's face was tensed and his hands were up by his shoulders as he manipulated the life energy of his friends. However, controlling them was still a difficult feat even while standing still. Trying to get used to his power while moving was proving to be more difficult than he would have realized. Their bodies were moving in the direction he intended, but they were shambling like zombies instead of walking like normal human beings.

It was rather fitting, actually.

They moved through the parking lot toward Marcus' car. A sudden realization dawned on Adrian as they approached the vehicle. Marcus still had the keys to the car in his pocket. Adrian sighed and leaned Mira against the hood of the automobile. He rifled awkwardly through the pockets with one hand while keeping Marcus unsteadily upright with the other.

Yeah...so glad the poor kid isn't awake for any of this.

When he found the keys, he loaded the two into the back of the car and drove off back towards the apartment. The ride was silent but Adrian didn't mind. It gave him time to think.

His mind drifted idly back to Alice. The very thought of her set a fire in his heart. She had done something to him...something cruel and unusual. She had altered his memories drastically in the few moments that she had pressed through the corners of his mind.

His wedding day had been replaced by images of her. His honeymoon had been replaced by her. The birth of his daughter had been replaced by her. Every strong memory he had of his wife now had the woman in red in her place like an understudy to the star. The implications of this left Adrian infuriated. His family had been Adrian's whole life and this harlot had toyed with all he had left of it.

Adrian briefly considered driving back by his old home. He just needed to see them again. He needed to remember what his wife looked like. Maybe the name would come back then. Maybe he would be able to see his life as it had been...

No.

Adrian kept driving. Seeing them again would put everyone in danger right now. He would have his chance after he found a way out of this accursed deal.

There had to be a way somehow. There just had to be. None of them could be safe until he found his way out.

Before too long they were back at the apartment. Adrian parked the car right outside and removed the key. He didn't fear being discovered like Brendan had seemed to. There didn't seem to be any need to be so careful anymore. The tracks had seemed covered by Alice.

He walked through the front door of the apartment with his staggering hordes close at hand. He noticed Brendan and Spencer talking out of the corner of his eye but did not stop to speak. Adrian simply walked the two to the bedroom and manipulated the two into bed. He placed the keys near Marcus' cot and walked back out into the living room.

Adrian looked out at the two talking to each other. He didn't see Evey immediately around but he simply assumed she was doing her own thing. The exhaustion was evident as he placed the bag of cell phones on the kitchen table and moved toward the couch. As he sat down, he groaned. Every part of his body was just calling for rest.

"So this is our life now. Heh...nothing is ever going to seem normal again, is it?"

Berenzen

Jul 9, 2011
"I'm pretty sure normal took flight out of our lives the second we died, Adrian." Ben stated flatly, "So far we've seen Marcus do crazy healing stuff, and we've had Mira hulk out on us. And who knows what the rest of us can do?

"So what are Marcus and Mira doing now? Sleeping? They looked like zombies, barely aware, when they walked through the door."

Ben got up and checked the bag. Seeing the cellphones he grabbed them and started them up. He went to the contacts list and started manipulating them. When he finished, each phone had a name, with contacts to all the other phones. He pocketed his and handed Spencer and Adrian's phones to their respective owners.

"Alright, that gives us our phones with quick contact to the other phones. I hope that I don't have to tell you not to contact anyone outside of our group. That goes especially for you Adrian, I know you love your wife and all, but you can't call her, it risks your new life, as well as the lives of the rest of the group."