RIP Monty Oum 1981-2015

Stg

New member
Jul 19, 2011
123
0
0
No idea who this person is and I never watched anything by Roosterteeth, but if he was a good animator, then it's a loss to the entertainment industry.

Oh well, life goes on.
 

Batou667

New member
Oct 5, 2011
2,238
0
0
Really sad news. I have to admit I hated RWBY, but I was blown away by his earlier stuff like Haloid and Dead Fantasy. This guy had decades of talent left and it's a real shame that's been cut short.
 

Mezahmay

New member
Dec 11, 2013
517
0
0
If you haven't already checked it out, you can find a video someone captured of the livescreen on YouTube. Just search for "RT Podcast 309". Matt, Burnie, Gus, and someone else I didn't recognize discussed memories of Monty and ended with a video honoring him.
 

Able Seacat

New member
Jun 18, 2012
790
0
0
It's such a tragedy that someone who made such an efficient use of their time had it cut so short. He really did bring about a lot of joy through his creations and my heart goes out to his family and friends.

One of Monty's blog posts which has been brought up really is inspirational. Someone might have already mentioned it but I'll quote it below;

"Can you match my resolve?

If so then you will succeed

I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve. It may not be immediate, and often your greater dreams is something you will not achieve within your own lifetime. The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death."
 

cojo965

New member
Jul 28, 2012
1,650
0
0
I know this post may come across as insensitive, but the question is unavoidable, what will become of RWBY now?

RIP: Monty Oum
 

NiPah

New member
May 8, 2009
1,084
0
0
Mezahmay said:
If you haven't already checked it out, you can find a video someone captured of the livescreen on YouTube. Just search for "RT Podcast 309". Matt, Burnie, Gus, and someone else I didn't recognize discussed memories of Monty and ended with a video honoring him.
That was Gary Haddock, Rooster Teeth's head of animation.
He's also done voice acting in anime in the past:
http://roosterteeth.com/gray
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=6375
 

Naqel

New member
Nov 21, 2009
345
0
0
cojo965 said:
I know this post may come across as insensitive, but the question is unavoidable, what will become of RWBY now?
It will continue, although slower than it would with Monty alive.

He supposedly shared enough of his plans for the series for it to be finished as he envisioned it.
 

Groxnax

New member
Apr 16, 2009
563
0
0
Damn it.

To be taken out in such a weird way.

I give my condolences to his family and friends.

He will be missed.
 

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
2,742
0
0
The world has lost a creative talent few could hope to match, far too soon. Regardless of opinions towards him and his work, he has left us with things that shall be remembered for as long as they exist.

Farewell, Monty.

 

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
5,477
0
0
Now here's a little bit of nice news: the avatar dressing site GaiaOnline made an item (well, two if you want to be technical) in honor of Monty: Red Crescent [http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10123821].

For those who aren't on the site, the item is Crescent Rose from RWBY, and it has three poses: its scythe form, its collapsed form, and a rose petal pose. The item's description is 'Keep moving forward.' Along with that, they posted this update: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-news-updates/staff-updates/t.63632027_1242/#1242


And here's the Rooster Teeth podcast on Monty: http://roosterteeth.com/podcast/episode.php?id=309
 

Erttheking

Member
Legacy
Apr 23, 2020
10,845
1
3
Country
United States
soren7550 said:
Now here's a little bit of nice news: the avatar dressing site GaiaOnline made an item (well, two if you want to be technical) in honor of Monty: Red Crescent [http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/10123821].
Keep moving forward...God damn it, Monty really was, and continues to be, an inspiration.
 

Mezahmay

New member
Dec 11, 2013
517
0
0
NiPah said:
Mezahmay said:
If you haven't already checked it out, you can find a video someone captured of the livescreen on YouTube. Just search for "RT Podcast 309". Matt, Burnie, Gus, and someone else I didn't recognize discussed memories of Monty and ended with a video honoring him.
That was Gary Haddock, Rooster Teeth's head of animation.
He's also done voice acting in anime in the past:
http://roosterteeth.com/gray
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=6375
Thanks. I haven't listened to the Roosterteeth podcast in some time, so I probably missed his introduction. Now's as good a time as any to start listening again.
 

Privateatkky

New member
Feb 4, 2015
8
0
0
The world is a little darker without him.

Rest in Piece, Monty. You'll always be remembered and you'll live through the content others produce due to your inspiration.
 

NiPah

New member
May 8, 2009
1,084
0
0
Mezahmay said:
NiPah said:
Mezahmay said:
If you haven't already checked it out, you can find a video someone captured of the livescreen on YouTube. Just search for "RT Podcast 309". Matt, Burnie, Gus, and someone else I didn't recognize discussed memories of Monty and ended with a video honoring him.
That was Gary Haddock, Rooster Teeth's head of animation.
He's also done voice acting in anime in the past:
http://roosterteeth.com/gray
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=6375
Thanks. I haven't listened to the Roosterteeth podcast in some time, so I probably missed his introduction. Now's as good a time as any to start listening again.
This was actually the first time he's ever appeared in a Podcast, he actually joined about 3 years ago during season 9.
Here was his introduction post:
http://roosterteeth.com/members/journal/entry.php?id=2874183

He's kindof a more behind the scenes guy, but more recently he has been in several The Know videos.