Road Rash Creator Hopes To Revive The Franchise

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Aikayai said:
Get this on Kickstarter. I will throw money at it.
So would I in a heartbeat!
However EA cannot be involved, atleast not directly.....

talker

Nov 18, 2011
kickstarter for a new road rash?
to quote Philip J. Fry 'Shut up and take my money!'

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
As soon as i saw this, i thought it was probably my rose tinted glasses. But if everyone else is excited maybe it is not just my nostalgia.

Kiba The Wolf

Aug 7, 2009
Hell yeah! I have been hoping for something like this for awhile. Big part of my childhood right there. Would be awesome if he did it with the burnout guys.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I remember playing Road Rash 64 which was probably one of the games that kept having "bugs" on me. Still had fun though. I hope things work for this franchise.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Have you guys seen this pre-visualisation?
Unfortunately that was footage from EA Warrington, which was shut down in 2006 [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/news171006warrington]. EA gave the opportunity to the Warrington employees to work at other UK locations. Hopefully somebody saved the work.

Antari said:
It would be great if he can keep EA's hands off of it. But I don't see that happening. Another lost opportunity.
I wish there was some sort of consolidated place for news because I just found this page [http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/19/criterion-interested-in-bringing-back-road-rash-get-your-chains-at-the-ready/#comments] from 2012 regarding Criterion's interest in taking over Road Rash. It makes sense seeing how they added motorcycles to Burnout Paradise for free. I thought Paradise was terrible though, as the city layout coupled with the tiny map made every race crashtastic. I think they made up for it with Hot Pursuit.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
Oh god... The amount of time I spent playing Road Rash...

I played it for hours every day, heck I was even playing it not too long ago on my PS3 (Until it broke and got a new one)

Would love to see another Road Rash, provided it was still similar to the other ones and wasn't changed too much...

Mar 26, 2008
Nurb said:
Fuck yea! It needs to have a soundtrack by indie rock/metal bands like the last one and keep that tongue-in-cheek tone like always.

If it's funded by any of the big publishers, it'll be a safe bet the game and franchise will be ruined. So I hope the kickstarter works.

Sorry guys, the 3D versions were inferior
I got two eyebrow piercings because of Teflon Mike. I even have a photo somewhere of me pulling his goofy smile.

Bring back Biff I say. I had a great rivalry with him.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Nurb said:
Fuck yea! It needs to have a soundtrack by indie rock/metal bands like the last one and keep that tongue-in-cheek tone like always.

If it's funded by any of the big publishers, it'll be a safe bet the game and franchise will be ruined. So I hope the kickstarter works.

Sorry guys, the 3D versions were inferior
snip.
Well this is opportune timing as Soundgarden just threw itself back into the mix. The first time I heard this tune I reinstalled RoadRash for another go.