Robert Orci No Longer Scripting The Amazing Spider-Man 3

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
After how bad the second one was they should just stop, but considering how 2 was just one big setup for their sequel machine, that won't happen.

Seriously I'm ready to bury the series right next to Gwen after that shit fest.

disgruntledgamer

Mar 6, 2012
chaser5000 said:
So basically you're telling me I might be interested in ASM 3.

I don't envy who ever has to try an unfuck this clusterfuck of a franchise though.
Reboot it. They might as well the last time it was rebooted for less than this.

youji itami

Jun 1, 2014
gamegod25 said:
After how bad the second one was they should just stop, but considering how 2 was just one big setup for their sequel machine, that won't happen.

Well I really enjoyed ASM2 way more fun than Man in a leather jacket: the winter soldier.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
ASM is pretty much beyond salvation at this point.

My advice? Go full-on spin-off with a brand new Spider-man with brand new villains with brand new characters in a brand new setting that isn't the New York we all have memorized.

In other words, give me this:

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
youji itami said:
gamegod25 said:

Well I really enjoyed ASM2 way more fun than Man in a leather jacket: the winter soldier.
At least Winter Soldier wasn't bogged down with awkward go nowhere romance scenes and Captain America fought the Winter Soldier for more than 3 mins at the very end.

BoomingEchoes

May 12, 2014
Absolutionis said:
Maybe if people stop seeing Spiderman movies, Sony will eventually deem the franchise unprofitable and abandon the IP back to Marvel/Disney.

I guess they could also just shoehorn in pretty actors and robotic rhinos and people will go see it anyways.
Doubtful. These companies make huge money from IP trolling, just like patent trolls do. They'll make SOMETHING in order to keep the IP away from Marvel, less Marvel/Disney makes it worth their while to stop.

Same thing goes for Fox, who will likely be finding ways to milk the X-Men for decades to come.