Robin Williams Dead From Suspected Suicide - Update

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
This is none of our business and we should stay out of it, the sympathy from strangers aren't going to make his friends and family feel better...

BoompigXD The Ork

Aug 2, 2014
Rest in peace dude.

On a related note I was gonna post a sorta update to this news story (Well, not an update, I'm not an Escapist Reporter) but I didn't want to bog the mood down even further so I decided against it.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
Parkinson's huh? This was already sad, but now I have to consider the possibility that he didn't get done in by depression, but just wanted to check out before the Parkinson's got worse; I hear the later stages are awful.

Robin Williams was the star of lots of my favorites films growing up, and I appreciated him even more as an adult.

Already the world seems a bit less bright.

"O captain! My captain!"

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
Jeez. Parkinson's, huh? That would explain it. For someone as bright and animated as he was, I can see how increased risk of dementia and loss of motor skills would be a blow.

I'm personally in favor of voluntary euthanasia in cases of terminal or massively debilitating illness/injury, but while I sympathize with Williams's choice, I can't say I like it. Treatments for Parkinson's are imperfect but effective, and while the dementia aspect personally scares the shit out of me, it's not a sure thing. Look at Michael J. Fox- he's been battling Parkinson's for over twenty years now, and yeah, it's had a significant impact on him, but he still leads a happy and functional life.

Wish he'd thought this through, decided to battle it out. It's hard, but he's faced hard times before. I'm sure he could have beat this. Gonna miss him.

Started off with World's Greatest Dad when the news broke. Watched The Birdcage yesterday. Tonight? Toss-up between Hook and Moscow on the Hudson.

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Shamanic Rhythm said:
Between this, Stephen Fry's admission that he tried to end it a few years ago, and an Aussie comedian I follow talking seriously about his struggles with depression and alcoholism, I'm going to go out of my fucking way to make sure everyone I know is okay. All the time.
You'll be very busy, it is very common for entertainers of Robin's level to suffer depression or fall victim to drug abuse, I wonder what would happen if Dave Chappelle, if he hadn't of walked away when he did would have happened to him? :(

Oh and for those who haven't heard, Zelda has quite Twitter and Instagram because of the wave of abuse she got since her Father's death.

People have no class :mad: