Robin Williams is gone.

Xjin

Jul 7, 2009
News updated. First batch of info stated he shot him self.

Captcah: "Silence is golden"
Damn you captcah.

gargantual

Jul 15, 2013
Wow...I mean I heard he was going to rehab but....

DAMN.

There are just some levels of suffering among some bright personalities out there in the world I guess we'll never know about until they're gone. Forget our childhood dying. The cremations already over.

RIP Robin. We love ya.

INVALIDUSERNAME

May 23, 2012
It's pretty heartbreaking news, and I can't imagine how awful it must be for the family. His daughter just celebrated her birthday on the 31st and now this happens 2 weeks later.

Man's a legend and, while he may have struggled with his vices, he will definitely be missed. Pretty sad day.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Poor Robin Williams. He was an amazing actor. It's a shame he died this way.

RIP Robin Williams.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Is it just me or is there something inherently incongruous about a comedian committing suicide?

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
I was on a wrestling site when I saw a random RIP for Robin Williams, quick search and saw it to be true. I've enjoyed some of "his" movies and didn't personally know the guy, but he seemed to be a nice enough guy.

Zhukov said:
Is it just me or is there something inherently incongruous about a comedian committing suicide?
Hey maybe he was sad when telling jokes, you know like those sad clowns.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Wow, I wasn't even a big fan of Robin Williams, and yet this has really taken a dump on my emotions. It makes it all the harder that he was such an upbeat guy, at least on the surface.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Olas said:
Wow, I wasn't even a big fan of Robin Williams, and yet this has really taken a dump on my emotions. It makes it all the harder that he was such an upbeat guy, at least on the surface.
That's the problem with depression unfortunately, many people know how to hide it from others because they feel like it'd be a burden on them. They put on a fake smile, to try and have it that others won't notice, which is saddening.

OT: I shall post what I put in another thread about this:
Neronium said:
When I saw it on sites like ABC News as well as foriegn ones, that's when I unfortunately realized it was true as well. What's even worse is that apparently he's been suffering from depression, and I've been down that road before, it's definitely not fun. Part of my childhood just died because of this, and today was being a good day too. T^T
I just can't help but tear up at this. Dammit depression, why'd you have to claim another person.

Namkrow

Oct 16, 2008
My condolences to his family, such a tragedy. When I learned he suffered from depression it really hit a chord with me. Sometimes you never really know when someone is in pain. I'll never forget the man, he made me laugh, he made me cry. My prayers go out to him and his family. I think we can all agree, though, a light has gone out in our world. :(

Narfo

May 26, 2009
I've said "Robin Williams is dead" out loud multiple times, and it still sounds eerily off.

BraveSirRobin

Mar 17, 2010
Yeah this is one of the only celebrity deaths that I've actually been sad for, but fuck this hits hard. He was amazingly funny and I think I'm gonna have to watch all his movies again.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Damn.

Y'know, I can't say I loved all his more recent work; increasingly, it felt like he was doing better in drama than comedy, surprisingly.

But I never felt he intended to insult his audience, or did things half-heartedly. I always wanted to give him another chance, because when he was at the top of his game, he knocked it out of the park.

I'll be sorry when his final contributions are released; we'll all be the poorer for it.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I've spent most of today/tonight feeling shitty and feeling like maybe my depression is coming back, and I saw this...
How someone so well loved and wonderful couldn't see a way out is heartbreaking. It goes to show how dark depression is and how you need help if you have it.

People on Twitter are being so compassionate I've just been crying non-stop for the past 15 minutes or so over their kindness. I realise I spend too long getting hysterical over trivial and pointless shit and terminating great friendships because I'm over emotional.

RIP Robin Williams, even in death you've made me cry and served as an inspiration.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Zhukov said:
Do you know of Jasper Carrot? A heartwarming comedian and a lovely fellow who was surprisingly talented on the guitar. I used to hear that when he wasn't performing, he suffered from depression. It's a shame to see people hide it away and suffer through it alone, when a compassionate hand on your shoulder can make all the difference in the world.

OT: It's a sad thing, but more than a little inspiring that he still managed to bring so much happiness to so many people in his lifetime. No matter what people thought of his films, you could never hate that smile. He will be missed and loved like the dearest of family.

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
Mork has returned to the mothership. Nanu nanu! :(

RIP. All the classic figures from my childhood are either dying or getting arrested for historic sex crimes. Growing up sucks.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Jeez, it feels unreal, you know?
At some point in the week I'll have to go and watch Jumanji and Good Morning Vietnam, those were my favorites of his.
This is seriously sad.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Robin Williams was a huge part of my childhood. Aladdin, Hook, Jumanji, Dead Poet's Society, Flubber, Good Morning Vietnam...and then when I got older, I began to look into his stand-up. I don't think I even believe it just yet. I knew he struggled with drugs and alcohol, even very recently, but he's just so damn good at seeming full of life and happiness. It's hard to comprehend how somebody so loved can feel so alone.