Robocop Joins Star Trek 2 Cast

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Heres to hoping this rehashed abomination runs its course quickly so we can stop with this tedious kirk/spock era garbage.

Either progress the actual timeline beyond the TNG area, or dont bother.

Chemical Alia

Feb 1, 2011
viranimus said:
Heres to hoping this rehashed abomination runs its course quickly so we can stop with this tedious kirk/spock era garbage.

Either progress the actual timeline beyond the TNG area, or dont bother.
I'm still waiting for my EMH romantic comedy musical.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
PrinceOfShapeir said:
Conza said:
Could someone please slaughter JJ Abrams already? I want that bastard ruined, why the hell do so many people like his stuff? This is the bastard that made LOST for crying out loud! God hate him. The only saving grave, is that the original film was in an alternative universe and timeline, but what a shocking contribution to Star Trek, completely horrific.
Really? You really think the new film was a shocking contribution, after Star Trek TMP, 5, 7, 9, 10, Voyager, and Enterprise?
I would go so far as to say that Voyager was mediocre, Enterprise was terrible, and none of the TNG movies should have been made. None of them. The "new" one (which isn't really new anymore) was at least entertaining, even if it didn't really feel like Star Trek. I was able to ignore that it wasn't what I wanted and enjoy it for what it was (a summer action movie in SPAAAAAAAAACE). At least no one traveled warp 10 and turned into a lizard, so it has that going for it.

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Conza said:
Could someone please slaughter JJ Abrams already? I want that bastard ruined, why the hell do so many people like his stuff? This is the bastard that made LOST for crying out loud! God hate him. The only saving grave, is that the original film was in an alternative universe and timeline, but what a shocking contribution to Star Trek, completely horrific.
J.J Abrams merely created Lost. Besides the pilot, he only co-writed one more episode whereas Carlton Cuse and John Lindelof both wrote 39 and 45 episodes, respectively.
It is true that he gets too much love though.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah, del Toro <url=http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Benicio-Del-Toro-Passes-Star-Trek-Sequel-28197.html>said no to the Star Trek sequel. Just an FYI to those of you who wanted/didn't want him playing Khan/another character.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Honestly, I'm simply happy there's some more Star Trek on the way. No strong feelings either way for del Toro but Peter Weller always has a special place in my heart as a robot and as a quantum physicist rockstar superhero.

As far as the Trek goes, I just hope it doesn't go into the boring bullshit realms so many incarnations of Trek have gone before. And yes I'm looking at you, movies V, VI, VII, IX and X; Enterprise seasons 2-3; at least half of DS9; and maybe a third of Voyager.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Phlakes said:
Yes, but it continues into the TNG movies- Generations sucked, and Insurrection sucked but you can throw Galaxy Quest between them, First Contact was good, and Nemesis sucked, and then there was this one.
Reboots/alternate timelines don't count as part of the main franchise, they start a line all of their own but are still subject to the same rules.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Which still doesn't explain what the hell the new DMC game is supposed to be.

OT: I thought the first movie was a waste of time. Then again, in the war of Kirk vs. Picard I safely side with Kate Mulgrew as Janeway.
Never followed DMC, had to Google what it meant, yeah a few people are comparing it to J.J's Star Trek, but with less lens flare as one skimmed caption put it.

I like Picard better, not only because Kirk is overrated, but Voyager had the ep "Threshold" and what particularly grieves me about Janeway is the ep "Tuvix".