Robot Games!

rayen020

May 20, 2009
I have a decent PC and a PS3. Anybody know any good Mech/Giant robot/Machine with alot of guns shooting games that might scratch that itch? I played macross and SLAI for awhile on PS2 but recently i've been looking for something new. And i'd rather not shell out $200+ for that one game and no titanfall...

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Well I've recently been playing the Zone of The Enders HD Collection on the PS3.
Really fun, if slightly difficult, fast-paced mech game. Would certainly recommend playing ZoE the 2nd Runner at the very least.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Slave Zero son!!!!!

Old game, but fighting other robots inside a giant city, feels good man!!!

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well there is the Mechwarrior series, latest one being a F2P version called MWO. And there is also the F2P Hawken, this one is more a straight forward brawling thing and less mech management.
There is an indie Chromehounds in the making called M.A.V., you can play it now but it's not really a final product.
And two recent Transformers games, but they would really rank more on the side of third person shooter and your character model happens to be a robot.

Not that long ago we also had a Mechwarrior mod for Crysis, but that disappeared quickly once in competition with MWO.

TheArcaneThinker

Jul 19, 2014
YES! I know just the exact thing you need . Star wars : Republic Commando

It has tons of mechs , droids , etc

This game was highly underrated as you cannot play as a jedi but nonetheless this is a Great game.

This is one of the best fps i have ever played . Just get it , you will love it .

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
Robocraft: It's like a mix of Minecraft and Robotwars. It's so fucking fun, and 100% NOT P2W. The devs even made a statement saying they would never go that way and stickied it on the Steam forums. Brilliant and addictive game. The round layouts are like WoT, but they don't last 20 minutes, and if you die you can leave and queue up without having to wait a million years. Also no repair costs.

Seriously, if you play WoT, or Warthunder, or anything of the sort; give this game a go. It beats all of them combined. Also there are hovercrafts and flying robots too. It's only in alpha and I've rarely noticed a bug.

Mechwarrior Online was nice last I played it. It's fans got really pissed off with the devs for asking $500 for a gold skinned robot though. That was quite a while ago though. IDK how it's going now.

Hawken: Shit, lag, shit. More brain-dead than Call of Duty. Don't bother.

Edit: Here's the robocraft link [link]http://robocraftgame.com/download/[/link]. It can be on either Steam or Standalone. The download is pretty small. Play it. Play it now.

seris

Oct 14, 2013
Edit: Here's the robocraft link http://robocraftgame.com/download/. It can be on either Steam or Standalone. The download is pretty small. Play it. Play it now.
if he can manage to get past the EAC screen telling him his files are mismatched first, but seriously this game seems to fit the bill. lots of giant robots, lots and lots of guns, fully custom built vehicles, whats missing?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Front Mission: Evolved is for the PS3. And it's cheap. It's decently fast paced with some awesome destruction. And you can have shoulder mounted gatling guns.