Robot Likes the Taste of Meatbags

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
Let the robot holocaust commence: robots think we taste like bacon.

Researchers at NEC System technologies and Mie University have designed the cute little guy below: a metal man gastronomist, ?an electromechanical sommelier?, capable of identifying wines, cheeses, meats and hors d?oeuvres. Upon being given a sample, he will speak up in a childlike voice and identify what he has just been fed. The idea is that wineries can tell if a wine is authentic without even opening the bottle, amongst other more obscure uses?like ?tell me what this strange grayish lump at the back of my freezer is/was.?

But when some smart aleck reporter placed his hand in the robot?s omnivorous clanking jaw, he was identified as bacon. A cameraman then tried and was identified as prosciutto.

Absolutely horrifying. Like cows, once robots taste blood, their hunger for human flesh can never be satiated.

This article is a copy-pasta of http://www.wired.com/table_of_malcontents/2006/11/robot_identifie/

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
Well I for one would like to declare allegiance to our great new Robo-Overlords.

JC175

Feb 27, 2009
I'm so coating my skin in...um, something that causes rust.

Shit, there's no such thing!

FFUUUUUUU -

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
We all have to die one day...
And being eaten by robots is pretty awesome!

But... how do you give the robot a sample of, say, a wine, without opening the bottle? Somehow I don't understand that sentence.

DC_Josh

Harmonica God
Oct 9, 2008
dragon_of_red said:
Hmmmm, human really tastes like bacon, eh?...

Ill be right back

Nope, it doesnt.
Human Flesh has been attributed to smell like bacon when cooked.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
So we DO taste like bacon... Well, the post-apocalyptic cannibals now have something to look forward to.

Dragon_of_red

Dec 30, 2008
DC_Josh said:
dragon_of_red said:
Hmmmm, human really tastes like bacon, eh?...

Ill be right back

Nope, it doesnt.
Human Flesh has been attributed to smell like bacon when cooked.

Your making me hungry, please stop.

Also, i cant be bothered testing does it really?

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
Skeleon said:
But... how do you give the robot a sample of, say, a wine, without opening the bottle? Somehow I don't understand that sentence.
Nooooo idea, but I just copy-pasta'd. I noticed it earlier & left it as-is.

captain awesome 12

Dec 28, 2008
Why the hell would robots need to eat anyway? Just because bacon tastes good to us doesn't mean it tastes good to them. I'm much more worried about aliens thinking we taste good than robots.

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I've always wondered what human meat tasted like... if it's like bacon then yay, at least we're yummy.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
captain awesome 12 said:
Why the hell would robots need to eat anyway? Just because bacon tastes good to us doesn't mean it tastes good to them. I'm much more worried about aliens thinking we taste good than robots.
Perhaps the robots are beaming our tasty data to aliens so that they would know whether or not we're worth enslaving/farming.

Perhaps with the new Wolfram-Alpha AI merged with these taste-o-bots, they will simply feel the need to eat because they think they are human.

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
All are welcome!

I promise it's not a trap to lure any survivors to be eaten by my robotic brethren

*innocent face*