Robot Punches People to Learn Asimov's Laws

raankh

Nov 28, 2007
Painful illusion said:
So when do they start working on the kicking robots?
Man, we've been working on that for a long time: http://www.robocup.org/

King Kool

Sep 26, 2010
Anyone read "Lenny?" It's the story with a robot with a defective brain that broke someone's arm because he had no idea how strong he was. I guess this is what this is trying to help prevent.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Andronicus said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Andronicus said:
*Robot pounds test subject into bloody broken pulp*
BEEP BOOP
SUBJECT: DECEASED
SET SPEED: 136
DECREASING SPEED
CURRENT SPEED: 135
SEARCHING FOR NEW SUBJECT
SUBJECT ACQUIRED...
..."Beep boop"? Great. Bad enough that the robots are going to be beating us all into a thin gooey paste... you're saying they're going to be doing it for achievement points.
Wait, what? Achievement points? o_O When did I say they'd be doing it for achievement points?
I'm just referencing the (stereotypical) sound many games make when an achievement is unlocked.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
Andronicus said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Andronicus said:
*Robot pounds test subject into bloody broken pulp*
BEEP BOOP
SUBJECT: DECEASED
SET SPEED: 136
DECREASING SPEED
CURRENT SPEED: 135
SEARCHING FOR NEW SUBJECT
SUBJECT ACQUIRED...
..."Beep boop"? Great. Bad enough that the robots are going to be beating us all into a thin gooey paste... you're saying they're going to be doing it for achievement points.
Wait, what? Achievement points? o_O When did I say they'd be doing it for achievement points?
I'm just referencing the (stereotypical) sound many games make when an achievement is unlocked.
Really? I've never thought of the sound of an achievement being unlocked as BEEP BOOP. I only said that because that's the sound robots make [http://nedroid.com/2010/10/evidence-of-robot/] (although I liked "BOOP" better than "BOP").

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
PrinceofPersia said:
Alrighty...well I must say this once. We're not ready. We're not ready for AI, We're not ready for sentient robots, We're not even ready to tolerate each other. People do some nasty things to other people for the flimiest of reasons. If we cannot act humanely to our fellow man how can we expect our creations to do the same?
By that measure we will never, ever be 'ready'.

One question: When will I get my robot bodyguard?!

PrinceofPersia

Sep 17, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
By that measure we will never, ever be 'ready'.

One question: When will I get my robot bodyguard?!
How about this compromising measure, when there is world peace the human race will be ready for sentient machines. Oh and your roboguard, if you build it they will come.

HeartAttackBob

Sep 11, 2008
Always amusing to see silly meatbags testing just how weak they are.
Reminds me of this mini-movie: "They're made out of meat" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaFZTAOb7IE