Robotics Engineer Builds Pocket-Sized Portal Personality Cores

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I would also buy one of these if they were for sale and had voices. Though I would much prefer the Curious Core from Portal 1.

"Oooo... that thing has numbers on it!"

Braedan

Sep 14, 2010
I saw "robotics engineer" and thought these would be really special. I mean sure they're pretty cool, but I kinda expected more.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Shame the space core is red instead of orange. I would buy the Wheatly orb if it could talk, though.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
When I read "robotics engineer" I sorta expected them to move around a bit, maybe even have some lines of dialogue, but alas they don't.

Still, they look amazingly accurate, even including the slightly worn look. Very impressive indeed. Valve; reel this guy in. I'd buy one, that's for sure.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Will people please stop making merchandise for my favorite games that I just HAVE to have. Some of us have to spend money on food y'know!

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I think this man could literally make more money than Valve did by selling Portal 2, if he were to individually auction each of these off to they're Highest bidders.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Logan Westbrook said:
Unfortunately, Myles says that he isn't interested in selling the cores and he isn't interested in making any more of them, so we can only look on in admiration at their fine craftsmanship. There are more images of the cores on Myles' Flickr [http://www.flickr.com/photos/ammnra/5720642774/in/set-72157626669964230 ] page, where you can see how detailed they really are.
Everyone saying that Valve should buy them off him, or that this guy should mass produce them...can you not appreciate that he made them just to make them?

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011

I'd love to have one of these just to take around with me for no reason, would also be awesome to have the set next to my computer.