Robots Evolve, Learn to Become Better Predators

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
If the robots will be like Robo up there, it would be okay. But right now; For fucks sake! Do you want to kill us!?

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
If scientist make robots the evolve like people, then robots will kill people.

Because people, well, kill people.

Enough said.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
I think it's time to nuke Switzerland. Who's with me?

By the way, we're heading dangerously close to a Quarian like future. Don't you lot agree?

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
UnoticedShadow said:
Hasn't anyone considered large scale EMPs? sure it'll blow our tech but we'll be fine in the end as long as we don't mind catching up in stuff
Great solution.

This could be a side project while we work on the sentient robots we have be just DYING to create :D

ShadeOfRed

Jan 20, 2008
Why don't we just be nice to them? You know, not act like the huge dickwads in the movies?

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
BrotherhoodOfSteel said:
Ah well. Lets start building the Migrant fleet for when the Machine Uprising occurs.
Ok, see, what is even more disturbing about that is when you consider that fact that our antibiotics are actually starting to fail against all the mutating viruses. How long until we have to live in sterile environments and travel in contained suits? :O

I'm sure the robots will kill us first though. And Switzerland? What the hell? What better plan for the uprising to begin than a neutral country.

Sibbo

Mar 6, 2008
So yeah between the Large Hadron Collider and robots the Swiss will destroy the world.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Listen.

All a robot does is what a human tells it to do.

A 'learning' robot only learns what it is told to learn.

It will not learn how to be a human, because it is a robot.

It is our slave, and we control it.

So, unless some North Korean, American or Russian dipshit decides to make a robot army, we're safe.

ad4m101

Jan 17, 2010
Wow that is very very very cool stuff. 0_0 i never knew we had this level of robotics.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
That. Is. Awesome. So very awesome. Robots are learning. What was that about the "evolutionary points"? And it's ok guys, emps will do the trick, and I live on an island, so they have to fly, and they'll get shot down.
EDIT: Anyone know of any movies floating around?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Zeithri said:
Tom Goldman, I'm sorry but if anything I'll be allied with the Robots.
We've seen it before, it's not because the robots become intelligent, it's because they realize that humans are too stupid to survive on their own.

Prime Examples:
* Appleseed
* Matrix
* Phantasy Star Universe (possible others as well)

So when it comes to robot rule over humans, I'll gladly take the robotic side anyday. Especially if that also would include getting cybernetic implants and longer lifespan to indefinte end... So to put it.

PS;

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
~ Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? ~
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Traitor!

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
008Zulu said:
Robots are machines, they think like machines. If we can show we are useful we become a resource worth maintaining.

Free cookie for the first to spot the reference.
Mass Effect...again. Saren said it.

I'm really surprised that the predator robots learned to wait.

ucciolord1

Mar 26, 2009
Simalacrum said:
[HEADING=1]I've come up with a solution to all our apocalyptia problems![/HEADING]

Right, so we all know that humans will die from a combination of robots, zombies, and aliens (probably others as well...), right?

So, here is the solution: we hide in massive underground bunkers, and make them fight out amongst themselves... once a victor emerges, we finish the weakened enemy off.

Simples!
You forgot Nazis and Disney characters.