Rock Band Developer Harmonix Put Up For Sale

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
samsonguy920 said:
This really does smell. True early sales can be a telltale but not always. More than likely there is already paperwork being drawn up on the sale, but Black Friday will tell on whether Viacom suddenly changes its mind and then the whole thing ends up in litigation.
Don't get your hopes up on any expansions to RB3 anytime soon.
kouriichi said:
Rockband sales are tanking? I didnt know that.

Id buy the company..... but im a bit strapped for cash.
If you promise to include the trombone in the next Rock Band I will invest this one penny I found while sweeping the floor at work. Deal?
Deal!

Next game: Band Band.

Fill the part in any jazz or marching band!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
kouriichi said:
samsonguy920 said:
This really does smell. True early sales can be a telltale but not always. More than likely there is already paperwork being drawn up on the sale, but Black Friday will tell on whether Viacom suddenly changes its mind and then the whole thing ends up in litigation.
Don't get your hopes up on any expansions to RB3 anytime soon.
kouriichi said:
Rockband sales are tanking? I didnt know that.

Id buy the company..... but im a bit strapped for cash.
If you promise to include the trombone in the next Rock Band I will invest this one penny I found while sweeping the floor at work. Deal?
Deal!

Next game: Band Band.

Fill the part in any jazz or marching band!
If we could sell it to people tired as I am now and can giggle at anything because of that state of mind, then it would be a brass ring.
I can even imagine how that would work with Kinect.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Tankichi said:
Jumplion said:
Tankichi said:
"I have an idea fora new game Guys. We release the exact same game with better graphics and a different sound track." It just had to work..... Maybe people are realizing that if they took the money they spent on the games and the time they spent and put it into real life, they could be a good musician with real instruments.
Yes, because buying a $300+ professional guitar, on top of money for lessons to play "Mary Had a Little Lab" is so much superior to paying $150 for a guitar, microphone, and drums to play "Bohemian Rhapsody" that is nothing like playing a real guitar in the first place. Y'know, 'cause everyone can just pick up a real guitar and be a rock god in a matter of minutes after playing Rock Band.

Seriously, People are much too serious and elitist over the music genre. [http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rock_band.png]
200-300 would be fine. Lessons are for those without enough dedication to actually learn the instrument. But you missed the meaning of my post completely. So i will give you the quick parts.
1: Doing the same thing over and over doesn't always work.
2: The amount to Buy the instruments Plus every new game is 250 dollars about.
3: If you put 100 hours into each game thats 300 or whatever amount of time practice which is a great start.
1: Okay then?
2: That's still cheaper than a single guitar, for a variety of instruments that everyone can play at once and have a good time with. Previous instruments are backwards compatible, so unless you're really into the whole music genre then you wouldn't need to buy new instruments.
3: I'd rather spend 100-300 hours playing all of my favorite songs on guitar, drums, microphone, and keyboard then spend 100-300 playing a single guitar to learn "When the Saints go Marching In" (exaggeration, I know, but still)

Again, srs bsns is srs. [http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rock_band.png] Didn't we get past this phase ages ago?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Tom Phoenix said:
...Do I really need to point out what is wrong with this statement? Am I the only one who payed attention back when Vivendi Games acquired Activision?
Oh would you please? That'd be swell.

OriginalityImpaired

Oct 19, 2010
I'm hoping for Apple personally, with the Itunes thing this could turn into GOOD news for Harmonix fans rather than bad,
Although I suppose I could settle for Harmonix coming to Activision as long as they handled it like the Blizzard merger,
Because I have yet to see the stain of stupid on anything Blizz has been doing lately,
Unless they were the reason SC2: Wings Of Liberty's campaign was all sunshine and lollipops,
In which case i'm castrating the entire company.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Tom Phoenix said:
...Do I really need to point out what is wrong with this statement? Am I the only one who payed attention back when Vivendi Games acquired Activision?
Oh would you please? That'd be swell.
Ok, let me put it in simple terms....Activision never acquired Blizzard in any way, shape or form. It was Vivendi that acquired Activision and then merged it with Vivendi Games to form Activision Blizzard.

No "Blizzard acquisition" took place; it was Activision itself that was acquired. Blizzard, as a subsidiary of Vivendi Games, just happen to be along for the ride and is now, along with Activision itself, a subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. Why else do you think they keep saying that "nothing has changed"? Beacuse nothing did change; Activision Blizzard is essentially Vivendi Games with a different coat of paint (and more money).

I am not trying to be pedantic, but the claim that "Activision acquired Blizzard" is a popular and incorrect myth and I would have hoped that people contributing to the News Room would know better.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Tankichi said:
If someones having fun playing it go hard. But thats time they could have put to learning a real instrument. Also if the first game is 150 for the instruments and Game then each game is 60-80 after that then it come to 270-310. Now something completely random. Girls love guys who play guitars lol.
$310+ to play ~200+ songs, not including the 2,000 DLC songs you could also buy.

Compared to, again, $300+ to play "Camp Town Races" in 2 weeks of practice, say $30 a lesson, if you're dedicated.