Rock On

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Rock On

The Croods isn't the only film to feature prehistoric humans.

Read Full Article

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Cheesiness of the movie aside, the Clan of The Cave Bear has one HELL of a poster... I mean dayum that thing is eye catching.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:
Cheesiness of the movie aside, the Clan of The Cave Bear has one HELL of a poster... I mean dayum that thing is eye catching.
Aye, can't say much about the movie, but that poster is a thing of beauty.

On the whole this sounds like quite a few of those movies should feature prominently on anyone's go-to list of silly cheese.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I feel the need to point that in the Clan of the Cave Bear books, Ayla can't tame animals "Snow White style". She captures them young and raises them tame.

Unless of course the Snow White thing came up in the later books. I stopped reading at #5.

Honestly, I mostly just remember them because of all the caveman cunnilingus. (Shut up, I was 13.)

(Also, fuck you spellcheck. "Cunnilingus" is totally a word you damn prude.)

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
PedroSteckecilo said:
Damn straight. It's an awesome image.

As I recall, the movie won an award for makeup. I can see why.

Now I want to watch it just for that.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
So wait... that Iron Maiden song was a reference to either a movie or (more likely) a book from 1911? Mind = blown.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
Owyn_Merrilin said:
So wait... that Iron Maiden song was a reference to either a movie or (more likely) a book from 1911? Mind = blown.

All their songs are references to classic movies :p, for the most part atleast :D.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
MrBaskerville said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

All their songs are references to classic movies :p, for the most part atleast :D.
I knew most of them were (there's a song on that album about Dune, and it is awesome), but I didn't know there was a movie that went with this one.

Heck, if you add mythology and hookers (gotta love Charlotte the Harlot), you've got pretty much the entire list.

Also, I just realized we're talking about Iron Maiden in a thread titled "Rock On." I thought the quote notification was a PM at first XD

Edit: Forgot to list History. A lot of their songs are based on history, too. That's what I always figured Quest for Fire fell under.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
MrBaskerville said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

Oh yeah, I think they have a song about that old British TV show, "The Prisoner", and an album entitled "Brave New World".

Mar 19, 2010
This article reminded me of a claymation show i used to watch when i was a kid. So i went on youtube to find out if some episodes were uploaded there and indeed they were. Here is the 1 episode, i think you will enjoy it :) .

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
moviebob said:
One Million Years B.C. (1966)

[...]

The film, overall, is pretty ridiculous. Dinosaurs appear centuries out of place for action scenes, and all of the dialogue is delivered in a made-up cave language [...]
moviebob said:
[...]
Dinosaurs appear centuries out of place for action scenes, and all of the dialogue is delivered in a made-up cave language [...]
moviebob said:
[...]centuries[...]
ಠ_ಠ

Also: Bow and arrow actually date back to far before the iron or even the bronce age. They aren't all that (or even not at all? I'm not to firm at how far back the oldest stone or bone arrowheads date) anachronistic for the stone ages.

Pretty interessting collection of movies nontheless. I don't think I have seen any of those. I don't watch all that many movies though.

PedroSteckecilo said:
That's for sure.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
How not safe for work are these trailers? Also, a prehistoric arms race sounds brilliant. I may have to track that movie down.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
The only thing that I got out of this was that Bob knows what Pretty Little Liars is. Isn't it great, Bob?

vid87

May 17, 2010
Seeing the trailers, I never really thought about the girl's design until just now and, at the risk of sounding like a self-congratulatory jerk, I'm rather happy that the novelty of a stereotypically "un-feminine" design never crossed my mind, like it was something that I didn't find "strange" or "different." I still think she's cute though - maybe it was the dopey "invention of shoes" gag. Also, she's voiced by Emma Stone, and considering the whole "body type" thing, her deeper, husky voice seems pretty well matched to me.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
On the subject of One Million Years BC:

all of the dialogue is delivered in a made-up cave language (with no subtitles)
It's been a while since I saw it, but that's the thing I remember liking the most about that film. Apart from the obvious Raquel Welch in a fur bikini. I mean, hell yeah it was ridiculous overall, but if you can get a story across with nothing even close to a language that I understand, that's pretty good as far as I'm concerned. (There's probably better examples, but I'm not really a big movie buff so... *shrug*.)

RootBrewski

Aug 1, 2008
Ah Bob no mention of Larry Clark's Teenage Caveman? Thought it would tie in well with your spring breakers review.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Lets not forget 1981's truly awful Ringo Star and Barbara Back vehicle "Caveman"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HwXbtZXjbVE

MorteTheSkull

Nov 13, 2009
Needs more "Yor: The Hunter From The Future". Easily the bestworst cheesy caveman movie. The protagonist even gets his own cheesy prog-rock theme song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q39f4YzK6sU